Church of Rasmus Dahlin

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Yeah, going forward as would I.

That doesn't mean Pettersson didn't deserve the Calder, because the majority of the hockey community had him as the winner. Dahlin was not snubbed.
Oh I didn't say he was snubbed at all the majority of the time points are what they go by they take into other things like playing defence Pettersson had a great year offensively he deserved it

swedehollow

Aug 15, 2018
I don't know why this always gets into a pissing contest on HF between Dahlin and Heiskanen. They are both awesome and every team in the league would love to have either of them.
Probably a matter of Sweden vs Finland rivalry. It's getting old and I'm tired of it. There is a number of other defencemen to compare to as well. What about Chabot? Makar? Sandin? Why just Heiskanen?

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Sabres will be a very interesting team to see this year, they have the pieces to be a really good team if they develop as expected.

Dahlin could become the next stud Swedish D.

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
...probably because the Dahlin thread was swarmed by Heiskanen fanboys marginalizing every play he made throughout the entire season. It was pathetic.
Doesn't sound like a good reason to bring up the comparison in this thread..

Edit. More on topic: Yes, Dahlin is very very very good.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Doesn't sound like a good reason to bring up the comparison in this thread..

Edit. More on topic: Yes, Dahlin is very very very good.
It may not be a good reason, but that's the way these pissing matches tend to go.

Reactions: tuozzi

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
It’s unfortunate this is how this thread has turned out. He is a fun and exciting player and this thread should be used to talk about it. And oooo and ahhhh at gifs.

But instead it’s a pissing match, mainly because of sabres fans. Nice work

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
His shot also looks considerably better this year, his biggest weakness last year. I feel pretty comfortable in saying he’ll get ~60 pets on the season.
60pets.jpg

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
It’s unfortunate this is how this thread has turned out. He is a fun and exciting player and this thread should be used to talk about it. And oooo and ahhhh at gifs.

But instead it’s a pissing match, mainly because of sabres fans. Nice work

Not all of us, we're sorry :(

..and an A+ swing the other way boys! Dahlin with 60 pets and 60 points and 60 pet points at Pet Points Plus!

He has been unreal to start the season, but I expect his role to expand as the year goes on and he'll see some difficulties along the way. Still love what I see, but there's gotta be issues at some point.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Heiskanen and Dahlin are the best young defencemen for sure. We will see who is gonna be better...

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Lighten up? I'm just saying you guys are clearly knocking of an idea that Canucks fans started.

Dahlin is great, I love the player.
Church of Latter Day Saints and the Church of Scientology and many other Churches came before Vancouver. Thinking you're original. Ha.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Probably a matter of Sweden vs Finland rivalry. It's getting old and I'm tired of it. There is a number of other defencemen to compare to as well. What about Chabot? Makar? Sandin? Why just Heiskanen?
Yes, those guys can have debates between each other. Just leave Dahlin out of it.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Lighten up? I'm just saying you guys are clearly knocking of an idea that Canucks fans started.

Dahlin is great, I love the player.

Fairly surprising to know that Nucks fans started the idea of Churches. That's at least a few millennia with no Stanley Cup, giving the Leafs a good run for their money.

Reactions: Eichel9

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Andrew Berkshire shared his top 15 defensemen today on The Hockey PDO cast and ranked Dahlin 15 after only 1 season (usually a rookie can not break top 15 with the small sample). From memory I think his list order was

Karlsson
Doughty
Giordano
Klingberg
Burns
Hedman
Jones
Carlson
Subban
Josi
Reilly
Ekman-Larsson
Parayko
Chabot
Dahlin

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Andrew Berkshire shared his top 15 defensemen today on The Hockey PDO cast and ranked Dahlin 15 after only 1 season (usually a rookie can not break top 15 with the small sample). From memory I think his list order was

Karlsson
Doughty
Giordano
Klingberg
Burns
Hedman
Jones
Carlson
Subban
Josi
Reilly
Ekman-Larsson
Parayko
Chabot
Dahlin
That’s a terrible list.

did pietrangelo retire in the off season and I not know?

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad