Christmas Gifts

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Hockey history book.

Kids don't have enough books in their lives in general these days. Something with color pictures and short stories about the North Stars and the Original Six and Gordie Howe and Jean Beliveau. Stan Fischler's "Handy Hockey Answer Book" is trivia and short stories, might be good for a 10 year old. A few years from now, Ken Dryden's "The Game" is an excellent read. Get him reading and teach him that, no, Patrick Kane isn't the best player who ever lived :laugh:

On the topic of Christmas gifts:

Found a jiu-jitsu instructional book (circa 1920 or so) a few months ago in a rare/old bookstore. Includes black and white photos and text explanation breaking out all the various techniques. My cousin is a brown belt and I plan to give it to him.

Visited one of the Imperial War Museums in England today at Royal Air Force base Duxford. Fantastic museum, and found a cool one for my old man. During World War I, bicycle messengers were very common means of communication. Slower than radios, more flexible than telegraph, extremely secure. He is very interested in cycling, used to race competitively, still avidly follows the annual races in Europe, and I picked him up a replica recruiting poster for the "Army Cyclist Corps."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Cyclist_Corps

469px-British_Army_cyclists_recruiting_poster_WWI.jpg

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
If he doesn't already have a weighted puck that could be a good one. It's good for getting more speed on your shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad