Christmas Day tripleheader expected for the NFL

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Devine Rink
Would love to see the NBA schedule games on Thanksgiving. This NFL vs NBA rivalry is great for the fans. NFL seems like it's lightyears ahead, but the NBA isn't too far behind in the young demos.

Kirk Van Houten

May 7, 2019
The NBA might be in trouble in a couple of years without LeBron and Curry if the NFL keeps pushing them out of Christmas so it will be very intresting how they will answer.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The NFL has done Christmas games before but those were always prime-time games. Think they did one last season (Saints vs Vikings I believe?) and another one 5 years ago when Christmas fell on a Sunday (Chiefs-Broncos?)

This is, different and the NBA I'm sure isn't happy but they'll live.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Would love to see the NBA schedule games on Thanksgiving. This NFL vs NBA rivalry is great for the fans. NFL seems like it's lightyears ahead, but the NBA isn't too far behind in the young demos.
Why would they, they'll get blown out.

This is great, Christmas Day has always been super boring. The NBA is unwatchable until the playoffs.

Kirk Van Houten

May 7, 2019
NFL is just going for 365 days at this rate lmao maybe the NHL needs to start to rethink their regular season format in orden to face them as little as possible

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ

Both NHL and NBA used to have Thanksgiving games at night after the traditional Lions and Cowboys games for years. But once NFL decided to add a 3rd game at night that’s when both leagues decided against having games

Reactions: Ghetty Green

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

Amazon asking for Black Friday game.
Not going to happen unless the laws are changed. The NFL is legally prohibited from playing on Friday and Saturdays until the third week of December. That is why Thursday Night Football exists to begin with.

Although maybe the it isn’t considered “broadcasting” under the law for blackouts because it is streaming.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

The NFL is coming for the NBA's Christmas Day. They don't care about the other leagues. I'm very intrigued about how the NBA will react.
Cause Xmas is on Sunday. Getting most of the games played on the 24th Saturday.

When the game is on Monday next year it might be a double header but once it lands on a Tues & Wed no games.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Not going to happen unless the laws are changed. The NFL is legally prohibited from playing on Friday and Saturdays until the third week of December. That is why Thursday Night Football exists to begin with.

Although maybe the it isn’t considered “broadcasting” under the law for blackouts because it is streaming.
The blackout only applies to Friday evenings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad