Christian Jaros

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Wonderful surprise, not really a surprise but for him to be panning out is amazing for us so far. I think he'll be a bigger force once he gets more muscle. Crazy to think he's 22. I feel like he's been in our system forever.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He is starting to feel quite comfortable out there. Very excited to see where he ends up.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I'm not surprised he's doing well - I've liked him since I first saw him. He's the exact kind of D-man that's good to have in today's NHL. Big but mobile, can make a good pass, and isn't a hit junkie like Boro.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Wonderful surprise, not really a surprise but for him to be panning out is amazing for us so far. I think he'll be a bigger force once he gets more muscle. Crazy to think he's 22. I feel like he's been in our system forever.

I think given his european upbringing and how big of a player he is, that his development curve is going to be a long one. He has good offensive skills and can skate well for a big man. He is a very exciting prospect especially considering how weak the right side is.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Jaros is another exciting prospect who hopefully stays with the big club for the remainder of the yr & gains some valuable experience. He has the potential & skating ability to play on any pairing & being a right shot makes him that much more valuable.

JBD is another right shot D who is in his first yr in the NCAA (North Dakota) & just got picked for Team Canada in this yr's WJC. Not sure if he will play, but good on him for getting noticed & picked for the process. He's another guy who has top 4 pairing potential.

Last edited:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Jaros is another exciting prospect who hopefully stays with the big club for the remainder of the yr & gains some valuable experience. He has the potential & skating ability to play on any pairing & being a right shot makes him that much more valuable.

JBD is another right shot D who is in his first yr in the NCAA (North Dakota) & just got picked for Team Canada in this yr's WJC. Not sure if he will play, but good on him for getting noticed & picked for the process. He's another guy who has top 4 pairing potential.

JBD was selected to camp, just to clarify. He has not yet made the team.

asw

Mar 16, 2013
Here and There
According to Pierre Dorion, Christian Jaros has been told to "get a place" in Ottawa, meaning he will stay with the team for the rest of the season, barring a catastrophic decline in performance.

Reactions: Que

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I knew Jaros would eventually be an NHL D but I have to admit when I saw him in his 1st few games I thought for sure that he wasn't ready mainly because he was making wide turns when going back in his zone and creating more space between himself and the puck carrier. Then a few games in he seemed to catch on and played really well. When he was kept out the next game they hid that he was injured. When they finally announced the injury it made more sense what was going on.

Happy for him that he can get a place.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
ehh a bit early to tell him to get place... I love the way he plys when hes on but makes some boneheaded errors that I could be fixed with serious punishments such as "youre being sent back down"

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
ehh a bit early to tell him to get place... I love the way he plys when hes on but makes some boneheaded errors that I could be fixed with serious punishments such as "youre being sent back down"

the problem with that is the only way you can learn to play D at NHL speed is to play D in the NHL. some lessons can only be learned at speed. some learn them. some don't.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Absolutely, and we’re not all about the wins, we’re about the development at the moment. Rebuilding teams can bring young players along at the NHL level.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Rebuilding teams can bring young players along but is it best for their development? We often hear about the old Detroit or Montreal teams when they were winning and saying - see how they left prospects to over-ripen in the minors. That is the best way to do it, not rushing like Ceci and Lazar. And then at other times we are complaining that our fav young prospects are being forced to toil away in the minors when they should be up here.

Its a hard balance to master. But i would hope as much as possible that the decision to being up someone and give them ice time isnt based on whether we have the room as much as it is whether it is the right time. Although making that determination seems an art form, and may even be a little idealistic of me.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Good news for Jaros is that the Worlds don't start until May 4. That gives him over three weeks to heal up whatever is ailing him. That's a pretty decent break. I hope it works out for him - it would be good to see him on that stage...

Reactions: Cosmix

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
It's awesome to see him make the jump to the NHL. I think most fans have been rooting for this guy for a while. At the moment I think he is still a tweener, or a bottom pairing Dman at best. He is still young though so hopefully he becomes something more.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It's awesome to see him make the jump to the NHL. I think most fans have been rooting for this guy for a while. At the moment I think he is still a tweener, or a bottom pairing Dman at best. He is still young though so hopefully he becomes something more.

Definitely has shown great potential, just needs experience and consistency. Some of our most complete defensive games came with him and Chabot shutting down the opposing top lines.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Jaros had a decent year in the NHL and should continue to improve next season. I am looking forward to seeing him develop.

He could be a very good complementary defenseman for Chabot if he continues to develop and add some offensive attack to his skillset. Chabot will have to learn how to be better defensively and reduce his risk-taking carrying the puck out of his D zone. It will be fun to watch those two D-men develop and play next year.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Jaros is the closest thing the Sens have for a shut down dman. He likely gets the other teams top forwards me. I’m not sure Chabot will is ready for that.

Reactions: NB613 and Tuna99

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Jaros is the closest thing the Sens have for a shut down dman. He likely gets the other teams top forwards me. I’m not sure Chabot will is ready for that.

I agree. Jaros seems to lack first three step quickness which would make him vulnerable to quick forwards like Crosby and McDavid. Chabot has better skating and just needs to avoid risky plays and over-committing against the elite forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad