Christian Jaros

asw

Mar 16, 2013
Here and There
Went to the game last night and saw a pretty complete effort by the team. One player who really stood out on defence was Christian Jaros who has been improving game-by-game. He was really solid, making smart decisions, playing a hard-nosed, hitting style of defence, winning almost every puck battle, and in addition making some really good outlet passes such as the one that led to Ottawa's last goal. For a big man, his skating is also very good. Boucher said that he was the team's second fastest skater in training camp, after Formenton.
This guy is a real keeper. I think he'll develop into a strong top 4 defenceman. He reminds me of a younger, faster Mark Methot.

Last edited:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Very solid dman. Positioning along the boards is good, he doesn't often get knocked off the puck,great outlet pass, mobility. If he can generate more offence in the future, he'll be even more dangerous.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Apparently he is second fastest on the team after Dzingel according to boucher

Reactions: NB613

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He has been good, still a long way to go before I thnik you can rely on him as a top 4D. He needs to slow the game down, most of the time he rushes and that's usually when he is prone to errors.

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
I expected him to be more physical to be honest. Still waiting for his first big open ice hit :D

He's been solid otherwise though, can't complain.

Reactions: Cosmix

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Solid again
No errors almost
Fast on transition
Offensive jump without getting caught

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
Schubert all the tools puck sense of a potato.
Jaros has looked really good. Its been fun watching him grow

Reactions: Cosmix

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I expected him to be more physical to be honest. Still waiting for his first big open ice hit :D

He's been solid otherwise though, can't complain.

not a lot of big open ice hits these days. too much uncertainty from DoPS imo on what is legal versus suspendable.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Jaros can be a beast once he uses his size more. Basically the Sens this year said to the youth "show us what you can do" and many have stepped up big time. If Formenton can get his timing and finishing ability together you can add him to the mix.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He’s been another great showing for a rookie.

As was mentioned on air he seems to be focusing on the hockey side of things right now, but once things become second nature he also has a nasty physical side to add.

This guy might just have a beast mode to add to his game once he has secured his permanent spot in the team. I do think that he’s laying off the hits in order to not take penalties and get out of position. If he gets a chance to put it all together look out!

Reactions: Hands of Stone

asw

Mar 16, 2013
Here and There
I don't think its necessary for him to make huge open ice hits, what with possible physical consequences, penalties, being out of position etc. He is very physical on 1 on 1 battles or even 1 on 2 battles along the boards of which he wins a high percentage. He tosses people around pretty well! Anyway, he was credited with 8 hits last night. How many more do we need?

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Went to the game last night and saw a pretty complete effort by the team. One player who really stood out on defence was Christian Jaros who has been improving game-by-game. He was really solid, making smart decisions, playing a hard-nosed, hitting style of defence, winning almost every puck battle, and in addition making some really good outlet passes such as the one that led to Ottawa's last goal. For a big man, his skating is also very good. Boucher said that he was the team's second fastest skater in training camp, after Formenton.
This guy is a real keeper. I think he'll develop into a strong top 4 defenceman. He reminds me of a younger, faster Mark Methot.

Agree he is improving . He still has some jitters but that will come with experience. He jumps into the offense better than Methot. He has good wheels and plays physical in our end. We definitely need that ingredient.

Reactions: asw and topshelf15

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Think he's basically already surpassed Ceci.

Lajoie, on the other hand, looks like he should be swapped with Wolanin for a while.
He's been struggling a little but i still find Lajoie to be miles ahead of Boro and Harpur, and better then Ceci.

Jaros looks like he's cemented himself a full time NHLer which is awesome to see. I remember watching him as a 19 year old playing for Slovakia in the World Championships against NHL all stars and being surprised at how well he handled himself.

Reactions: asw

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
I had to do a double check a few times i didnt even know he could skate that fast, guy has all the tools to be a great top 4 D

Reactions: asw

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Jaros can be a beast once he uses his size more. Basically the Sens this year said to the youth "show us what you can do" and many have stepped up big time. If Formenton can get his timing and finishing ability together you can add him to the mix.
So there are two defensemen Harpur and Jaros that need to use their bodies more? I guess I am confused is Jaros considered to be an offensive defenseman?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad