Proposal: Christian Dvorak to Toronto

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
what is ironic is that Dvorak's career stats are not as good as Kerfoot's, and he costs $1million dollars more.
On the Leafs Dvorak would be the #3C and be used in a defensive role, the same way Kerfoot has been used, and his stats would reflect that change and drop accordingly as Kerfoot's did when we went from an offensive option on Col to a defensive option on the Leafs.
...but, he's available, and not a Leaf, so, he must be more valuable.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
what is ironic is that Dvorak's career stats are not as good as Kerfoot's, and he costs $1million dollars more.
On the Leafs Dvorak would be the #3C and be used in a defensive role, the same way Kerfoot has been used, and his stats would reflect that change and drop accordingly as Kerfoot's did when we went from an offensive option on Col to a defensive option on the Leafs.
...but, he's available, and not a Leaf, so, he must be more valuable.

Buddy, you are so off the mark it's actually hilarious.

Dvorak has been used heavily in a defensive role against top quality competition in Arizona, has done really well, and has put up points DESPITE that playing with Tyler Pitlick and Lawson Crouse.

I don't think I need to tell you how much better offensively the Leafs are than the Coyotes. Or how the quality of linemates on Toronto is better than Arizona. Or how the PP time he would get would be better than the Coyotes.

Also, comparing ARI to COL is even funnier. Like, you really just made the argument yourself!

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Buddy, you are so off the mark it's actually hilarious.

Dvorak has been used heavily in a defensive role against top quality competition in Arizona, has done really well, and has put up points DESPITE that playing with Tyler Pitlick and Lawson Crouse.

I don't think I need to tell you how much better offensively the Leafs are than the Coyotes. Or how the quality of linemates on Toronto is better than Arizona. Or how the PP time he would get would be better than the Coyotes.

Also, comparing ARI to COL is even funnier. Like, you really just made the argument yourself!

He didn't compare Arizona to Colorado.

He said Dvorak would be put in a checking role on the leafs which would lower his PPG, as he would be expected to shut other teams best players down, he compared Kerfoot in a more offensive role with Colorado going to the leafs in less of an offensive role and how that lowered his PPG.

That's not at all a comparison of teams. Just roles.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
To Toronto:
Christian Dvorak

To Arizona:
Rodion Amirov
Alex Kerfoot
Pierre Engvall

NOTE: The previous thread was deleted because the proposal was in the title, rather than the body. I have corrected this.

Additionally, there seemed to be some cap concerns from Leafs fans, which I don't understand as there is more cap heading out, than coming in for Toronto. While I would not be willing to retain on Dvorak, I would be willing to accept another contract. Or perhaps to swap Capobianco for Dermott, or something along those lines. A cheaper bottom-of-the-lineup player for a more expensive bottom line/pair type.

Toronto is 1.4 mil over the cap with 15 forwards, 6 dmen and 2 goalies.

upload_2021-8-5_18-27-35.png

If they send down Bunting (950k) and Gabriel (750k), they clear 1.7 mil. It gets them under the cap, though they would only have 1 spare and little wiggle room.

If they make this deal, they send out Kerfoot (3.5 mil) and Engvall (1.25 mil) and bring back Dvorak (4.45 mil). They are only saving .3 mil, leaving them 1.1 mil over the cap with 14 forwards, 6 dmen and 2 goalies. They would still need to send down Bunting and Gabriel to get under the cap, but now they have no spare players at all.

They aren't saving enough cap in this deal, plain and simple.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
He didn't compare Arizona to Colorado.

He said Dvorak would be put in a checking role on the leafs which would lower his PPG, as he would be expected to shut other teams best players down, he compared Kerfoot in a more offensive role with Colorado going to the leafs in less of an offensive role and how that lowered his PPG.

That's not at all a comparison of teams. Just roles.

Kerfoot went from COL to TOR. Poster said it's a jump from an offensive team to a defensive team.

Poster said Dvorak might have the same problem going to the Leafs and being put into a defensive role.

Except that Dvorak is already in a defensive role, on a more defensive team, on a shittier offensive team.

I can certainly understand if they didn't mean it like that, but that's how I interpreted it. And it's absolutely not true.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Dvorak doesn't make sense for the leafs. He'd be the 3C and makes too much for that position considering our salary allocation.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Kerfoot went from COL to TOR. Poster said it's a jump from an offensive team to a defensive team.

Poster said Dvorak might have the same problem going to the Leafs and being put into a defensive role.

Except that Dvorak is already in a defensive role, on a more defensive team, on a shittier offensive team.

I can certainly understand if they didn't mean it like that, but that's how I interpreted it. And it's absolutely not true.

I think he meant a jump from an offensive role to a defensive role, on Arizona he played 18 mins a game that's 2nd line C territory he wouldn't get that on the Leafs.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I think he meant a jump from an offensive role to a defensive role, on Arizona he played 18 mins a game that's 2nd line C territory he wouldn't get that on the Leafs.

He played 18 minutes a game playing against the teams top opponents, in a defensive role, with 4th liners as linemates.

Sure, he might get less minutes. But he did not play in an offensive role in ARI.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
The deal that make sense to me is

Dvorak

VS

Matthews

Toronto gets out of cap hell.
Matthews gets to go home early.

Of course, +/- on either side. But I think that would be the basis of the deal.

*Puts on flame suit*

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
The deal that make sense to me is

Dvorak

VS

Matthews

Toronto gets out of cap hell.
Matthews gets to go home early.

Of course, +/- on either side. But I think that would be the basis of the deal.

*Puts on flame suit*
Can't afford Mathews right now...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad