Chris Wideman San Diego Gulls leading league

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Wideman seems to be playing some decent hockey. Leading the AHL defensemen in points. Would be a nice pick up for any NHL team looking for a right-handed D or help on the PP. Seems like Anaheim is struggling with both but not giving him a call up going with Michael Del Zotto and some young guys.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
If the Ducks (who own Wideman's NHL rights) are calling up other D-men, they may hesitate to trade him. That would leave one more hole to fill in the SD roster. Wideman being tied for points with Cameron Gaunce of Syracuse (14 points each) is certainly good news for Chris, but the season is still early. And as he approaches 30 years old, he's becoming less attractive as an AHL pickup. Seems to me like a guy playing out his final seasons in a sunny place.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Did Wildeman get called up? I just checked the AHL stats and there are ELEVEN Dmen in front of him for scoring, including Milwaukee's Carrier.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Did Wildeman get called up? I just checked the AHL stats and there are ELEVEN Dmen in front of him for scoring, including Milwaukee's Carrier.
No leading the Gulls in points at 16. All of their defensemen are back for the Ducks so they are sending some back down.
Guhle who really needs more time in the A.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I believe he is currently top 15 among defensemen. One of the leading ahl defensemen in PPG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->