Proposal: Chris Tanev to the Leafs next offseason

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I present to you:

ROUND 18 OF THE TANEV TO TORONTO FOR CHEAP SWEEPSTAKES!!

as a leafs fan, can this just not happen?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I present to you:

ROUND 18 OF THE TANEV TO TORONTO FOR CHEAP SWEEPSTAKES!!

as a leafs fan, can this just not happen?

A likely top 10 pick and our best prospect is not 'for cheap'

I don't make this trade, it is how you **** up a rebuild.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
:biglaugh: You don't even offer your 2017 1st round pick. Good stuff...

For the millionth time, easy pass for the Canucks. No Nylander/Marner, no Tanev to Toronto.

Mar 26, 2010
When Jim Benning gets fired and the Canucks start a rebuild:

:leafs
Chris Tanev

:nucks
Kasperi Kapanen
Brendan Leipsic
2018 1st Round Pick (Top 3 Protected)

HUGE, I mean HUGE overpayment. I would not give the 1st round pick alone for Tanev! No ****ing way.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

For the millionth time, easy pass for the Canucks. No Nylander/Marner, no Tanev to Toronto.

Easy pass... what do you expect for Tanev. Do you honestly think he will net more than a top 10 pick + blue chip prospect for 3 years of Tanev?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Don't want him he's been too injured plus I think Canuck fans want to much, I think Canuck fans saw what Larsson got and now they think every #3 d man is worth the moon but Tanev isn't

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Don't want him he's been too injured plus I think Canuck fans want to much, I think Canuck fans saw what Larsson got and now they think every #3 d man is worth the moon but Tanev isn't

Well considering the fact Tanev is better NOW then Larsson (and could very well end up being the best of the 2), and that Larsson got Taylor Hall (top5 LW in the NHL), PRETTY sure an offer of

Kapanen (2nd liner MAXIMUM, doesn't have the tool to become a 1st liner)
Leipisc (probably another career AHLer)
2018 1st round pick (top 3 protected) = ANOTHER mistery bean

WHY IN HELL would the Canucks do this? For a top Pairing 2way D-man in his prime and signed LT? If Larsson got Taylor Hall back, Tanev could very well end up bringing back a guy like Duchene

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

Tanev > Larsson and please don't start this again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Tanev is a pipedream. There is no deal that works for both teams. I would love Tanev in Toronto, i would not trade Nylander/Marner for him.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Tanev > Larsson and please don't start this again.

I didn't make this thread, in order to start it again I would have to start it the first time

But I didn't because I don't want him, at least not for what Vancouver fans think he's worth

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Tanev is a pipedream. There is no deal that works for both teams. I would love Tanev in Toronto, i would not trade Nylander/Marner for him.

Nah there totally would be a deal that works for both teams, just not the fans.

IF Nucks ownership cans Benning and goes rebuild making a Tanev for futures deal possible

IF the Leafs pick is in the value sweetspot to be the centrepiece

IF the Leafs don't absolutely love someone at that pick and the Nucks do

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Nah there totally would be a deal that works for both teams, just not the fans.

IF Nucks ownership cans Benning and goes rebuild making a Tanev for futures deal possible

IF the Leafs pick is in the value sweetspot to be the centrepiece

IF the Leafs don't absolutely love someone at that pick and the Nucks do
I would do our 1st right now...Tanev/Rielly would be very good.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Well considering the fact Tanev is better NOW then Larsson (and could very well end up being the best of the 2), and that Larsson got Taylor Hall (top5 LW in the NHL), PRETTY sure an offer of

WHY IN HELL would the Canucks do this? For a top Pairing 2way D-man in his prime and signed LT? If Larsson got Taylor Hall back, Tanev could very well end up bringing back a guy like Duchene

Random capitalization doesn't make you less hilariously wrong.

If Kapanen doesn't have the tools to be a 1st line player in the NHL no drafted prospect does. His tools (skating, shot, puckhandling, are all ++, the big question mark has always been his ability to make use of them, and he appears to be putting it together. I wouldn't trade him. (Strike 1)

While Leipsic being "probably a career AHLer" isn't technically wrong because of betting odd's being against any non elite prospect turning out, calling possibly the best offensive player in the AHL at 22 that pretty much blanket devalues all AHL prospects. (Call that one a foul tip. Strike 2)

Tanev is the definition of a defensive dman, not 2 way. (Strike 3). You're out

Last edited:

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I would do our 1st right now...Tanev/Rielly would be very good.

Same.

Lotto Win protected 1st +Prospect not Kap (I'd like to rule out Grundstrom and neilsen too)+later of two seconds.

The whole Marner/ Nylander thing is pie in the sky dreaming IMO. Sure it could happen but overwhelmingly not likely. Non Franchise/elite 1st liners don't bring back elite prospects/ young players, they bring back same aged/value assets or packages.

And for everyone trumpetting Chia getting bent as some sort of precedent look at Hamilton.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Really, really, really sick of these monotonous, redundant, useless Tanev yo Toronto stupid-as$ threads.

Enough already.

PredsForPresidents

Dec 31, 2014
British Columbia
Lol I agree that Tanev/Rielly would be a damn good pairing.

But. Leafs fans. Honestly. Tanev, a early prime, #2/3 guy, on a GREAT contract, and you guys are trying to get him with peanuts. I know you guys wanna get him, but just because you're on the east coast doesn't mean you get him for free.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015

Kapanen doesn't have tools?

He has some of the most elite tools of any NHL prospect, it's the toolbox that has been questioned.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Lol I agree that Tanev/Rielly would be a damn good pairing.

But. Leafs fans. Honestly. Tanev, a early prime, #2/3 guy, on a GREAT contract, and you guys are trying to get him with peanuts. I know you guys wanna get him, but just because you're on the east coast doesn't mean you get him for free.

I'm on the west coast and I still don't want him.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012

Would you trade Horvat for Tanev?

Leafs are tanking this year, and we will get our #1RD 2nd overall in the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad