Player Discussion Chris Tanev, Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I know it’s unreasonable to be angry at Tanev for something he has nothing control over but COME ON, MAN. You gotta be ****ting me.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I know it’s unreasonable to be angry at Tanev for something he has nothing control over but COME ON, MAN. You gotta be ****ting me.
If the guy ever learned how to block a shot properly we wouldn’t be discussing this. So he has control over these injuries.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I just looked it up in the player discussion tab. Didn't mean to cause confusion. I didn't even really notice the title said that.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Tanev and Hughes is one of those rare cases where a combination that looks perfect on paper actually works in practice. A stay at home steady defenseman paired with a rover who can drive the play. The biggest surprise is the level of Hughes defensive play and Tanevs offense, admittedly in a small sample size. These guys look like they’re feeding off the others’ strength.

Reactions: I am toxic

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Yeah, Tanev is rounding into form. Skating isn’t as dynamic as a few seasons ago but the defensive IQ will always be there.

With the age of the team, what should be a competitive season, being paired up with a potential star in Hughes, I can’t help but think Tanev will want to stay in Vancouver beyond this year. Hopefully playing on a better team, in the attacking zone more often will help Chris stay in the lineup more.

2 year extension is my guess. Handled like the Edler negotiation.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Tanev seems to have a bit more offensive flair to his game now, another indication of the impact Hughes has had on this team.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I've thought he's looked terrific right through preseason aside from one uncharacteristically horrible game in the 2nd game of the season against Calgary.

early on i thought he was shaky and hughes was propping him up a little in the dzone. sounds ridiculous to say that, but tanev is used to doing it himself, and having hughes clear it himself or as an option for zone outlets or escape passes that don't come right back to tanev takes a lot of strain off the guy.

lately he's looked more himself and i think is back.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
tanev started a little rusty but looks fine now.
Tanev will play four or five good games in a row, then has an outing like this morning in Jersey....just awful...and unfortunately dragged Hughes down with him.

Still the best case scenario is that by some miracle from the Gods he stays healthy, and then gets dealt as an impending UFA at the deadline.

Reactions: lindgren

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Very happy with the play of Chris Tanev this year. He is the perfect defensive partner for Quinn Hughes. Last year we all were ready to let him go after his contract expires this year. This season I don't think that's the case, Tanev must be resigned. He's been fantastic this season.

Reactions: Lupuls Grit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->