Player Discussion Chris Tanev, Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
An elite shutdown dman. It's a shame he's being wasted here like the Sedins. Hopefully he plays strong until his early 30's when this team will hopefully be on the upswing.

Just wish he didn't get stapled on the forecheck as much as he does, the guy takes a beating with hits and blocked shots.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I know it's very early, but Tanev is another Canuck veteran who already looks like a different player than the guy who played for Willie.

For some reason in the last couple of years Tanev just got abused and blasted along the wall.....it was like when he got back to a puck, there seemed to be no outlet available and he often just ended up having to eat the puck.

But so far he's playing more like he did a couple of years ago.....avoiding hits with quick and accurate outlet passes....and driving the play up-ice....Canucks already spending less time under siege in their own zone.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
What a bunch of idiots those "people" are, if I can even call "mods" people, yuck. :shakehead

;)

gomods.gif

Reactions: donut

ItalianCanuck1

Italian Canuck
Mar 8, 2016
Italy
He's proving on a daily basis that he's so underrated around the league.

Really nice to see how he's active offensively under Green's system.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
He has simply been outstanding this year. Reading the numerous stupid Leafs fan proposals and comments on the main board makes me want to scratch my eyes out.

Reactions: Knight53

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
He has simply been outstanding this year. Reading the numerous stupid Leafs fan proposals and comments on the main board makes me want to scratch my eyes out.
They don't watch him, act like they do, and bring up his 'lack of points' to try and prove their points.

It's hilarious.

Somebody should put together a compilation of all of his great, under appreciated defensive plays and educate fans around the league as to why he's so important and rated so highly here...

Call it the "Tan Pill".

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Funny how their outlook has progressed hey?

>No opinion of Tanev
>Saw Tanev play with Reilly in WHC
>Wow he's underrated and would look great in TO. How about Carrick and a 1st?
>How could you decline that trade? Tanev isn't good enough to get anything more! Plus now he's injury prone!
>Tanev is so ovverated, made of glass.
>Zeitsev is much better, we don't even want Tanev.

Seriously it's like half of them have personality disorders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->