Confirmed Signing with Link: Chris Stewart to Slovan Bratislava (KHL)

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Managed to put together a pretty long career considering he wasn't very highly regarded for most of it. Definitely had some bright spots though. Best of luck to him.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
All tools and no toolbox type of player. I really thought he was going to be one of the few power forwards still left who could put up points.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Always been a big fan of his. Could just never do the small stuff to make himself useful in a middle six role. Had huge offensive upside with hands and shot, strength in front of the net. I would have tried to sign on with macdavid or crosby, pot 30 goals rather than go khl.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Managed to put together a pretty long career considering he wasn't very highly regarded for most of it. Definitely had some bright spots though. Best of luck to him.
And not too bad in relation to his draft year.

He was taken 18th OA. I think he is presently about 14th in career points and 15th in games played. Those positions will start falling now.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
surprised he couldn't get an nhl deal. roussel and beagle got $12m deals and there meh players.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
So....

Chris Stewart retired from hockey.

Slovan officially announced that they have been waiting for him at the airport, after few hours GM of Slovan had phone call from his agent, that he will not come and he will retire from hockey because of family reasons.

Really weird...

Agreed. That's not like Chris Stewart... I hope his family is good and he's doing well.

Last edited:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Agreed. That's not like Chris Stewart... I hope his family is good and he's doing well.

Chris is actually a cousin of mine though I've only met him and Anthony a few times and even then it was more of a "saw them" and not so much "met". From what I can tell it's nothing extreme. No health issues or anything like that or at least nothing he's made public to the family.

My guess would be he just realized he didn't want to uproot his life/wife and go to overseas.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Always been a big fan of his. Could just never do the small stuff to make himself useful in a middle six role. Had huge offensive upside with hands and shot, strength in front of the net. I would have tried to sign on with macdavid or crosby, pot 30 goals rather than go khl.

I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't try finding him an NHL job before signing overseas....

Last edited by a moderator:

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Pathetic how he chirped Giguere, a far more respected NHLer, when JS criticized the tanking Avs for being more concerned with their Vegas trip than playing out the stretch.

member 116861

Pathetic how he chirped Giguere, a far more respected NHLer, when JS criticized the tanking Avs for being more concerned with their Vegas trip than playing out the stretch.

Would have helped if Giguere wasn't an absolute sloth that season for the Aves.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Would have helped if Giguere wasn't an absolute sloth that season for the Aves.

Why don't you tell us his Jiggy's age that season? Giguere was clearly washed up by then but still trying and irritated no one else was, and rightfully so. Stewart wasn't even an Av at the time, so he had no business running his mouth. As a matter of fact, Stewart's play perfectly explains why he'd defend a bunch of losers giving a half-ass effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad