News Article: Chris Schultz Passes away (Heart Attack)

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Former NFL, CFL player and TSN analyst Chris Schultz passes away at 61 - TSN.ca

upload_2021-3-5_10-20-37.png

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
RIP Schultzy.

Always looked forward to your NFL picks on Risky Business. Great insight, great knowledge of the game of football and most of all a great person.

Condolences to the entire Schultz family.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Very tough loss. He was one of the best -- at being a good person and a great broadcaster. An immeasurable loss.

Reactions: ToneDog

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
I remember him with Mike Hogan on the Fan talking about the NFL. He was super prepared and made the NFL more interesting subject matter. His observations were professional coach level and actually increased my interest in the NFL at the time. And his enthusiasm for football was infectious.

Reactions: theTTC

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Big heart gave out on the big man. He was inescapably likeable. Just came off good person. Two guys gone today that spots was life is way i see it. Best to his friends and Family. Good dude

Reactions: smitty10

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sad to hear that. He was a familiar TSN personality and seemed like a personable good guy. RIP Schultzy.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I met Chris years ago when I was working as a server. I recognized him and low key asked if it was him and he said yes.
I grew up a cowboys fan so I asked him about playing in Dallas and if it was as wild as the rumours and movies were true about the life of a footballer there. He said it was close!
Over three next couple years he would come in often and share stories with me.
I can not say I know the man but I appreciate the person he was. In life a gentle giant, ducking through doorways, hands that could hold your head like an orange and long long limbs. His cheerful smile and bright eyes will be missed and my condolences to those who were close to him, his friends and family.
On to the next for you Chris. You were one hell of a good man.

Last edited:

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
One further thought: sports media execs should hire more individuals like Chris Schultz, like John Madden, like (I apologize to the pedants in advance) Pierre McGuire, like Howie Meeker, like Don Cherry, like Tony Kubek, like Joe Bowen, like Harry Neale who are genuinely enthusiastic and obsessed with the sport they cover.

Reactions: Joel Ward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad