Chris Rock to star in season 4 of Fargo

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I'm halfway through episode 8 on season 3 and have been really enjoying it so far. Surprised to see so many people take issue with it.

My main criticism is that some of the characters are WAY too easily persuaded to do things. Emmit changes his mind at the drop of a hat. Sy folds like a cheap tent all of the time. Like really, drinking that tea that was forced upon him...99% of people would have seen the red flags and gotten out of there. It's a bit unrealistic how quickly the characters are manipulated at times.

Varga is the best villain the series has seen. Really excited to see what happens with him in the last few episodes. I think the writers purposefully used him as a conduit to explain the 2016 election, tbh. He is always referencing how truth can be created based on people with authority, which is basically the fake news issue and Russian interference with creating alternate truths during the election. Maybe I'm just reading too far into it, but there are a multiple scenes that reference how the truth can be manipulated and changed.

I am hoping they tie up some loose ends. Like what was the point of the flashback episode on Gloria's stepdad and the sci-fi movie bust? What about the box she finds that closes itself based on the robot novel? And why does Vargo pick his teeth with that metal needle thing and is always vomitting? I'm curious if these have any impact on the storyline in the end.

I also just finished watching Big Mouth season 2 and the actor that plays Varga is also the Shame Wizard lol.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I'm watching season 3 right now and am loving it. It's obvious it's a bit more light hearted and comedic than the previous 2, but it's just as good IMO.

Varga is a very very very good character.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Finished seasons 2 and 3.
3 was definitely good, but certainly not as good as 1 and 2.
Even though I think Varga is the best villain in the series, overall season three seemed to drag too much.
Season two was EXCELLENT.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
How can you not love Ray, he was so easy to like.

I did like Varga, but I think I liked Malvo and Milligan just as much.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Watchable the first two episodes but it needs to get better, the one thing that has me concerned is this season will be directed towards making a social commentary about today's events with a show based on fiction 70 years ago. Its going to come across forced and could sink the plotline and everything really.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
First episode was okay but it lacked almost completely for humor, dark comedy or otherwise. Didn't feel like Fargo.

Characters weren't quirky enough either.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
3rd episode felt more like classic Fargo to me. Snappy, fun dialogue in a few memorable scenes (Chris Rock with the bum outside the shop; Jessie Buckley and Jason Schwartmann in the car) and some tension/intensity in the episode. 1st and 2nd episode were kind of a season set-up that, while I understand why they were done that way, felt a bit stretched out and lacking in pace/energy that past season premieres usually delivered.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Currently watching season 3 and yeah it’s a step down from 2. But 2 was jaw dropping oh good. What’s the one scene everyone hates lmao?

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Lots of people hate the UFO.
Oh. Yeah first time I saw it it pissed me off, didn’t watch the show again for a good couple of months. Thankfully I finished, and I didn’t mind it the second time. Helped add that country bumpkin feeling to the show for me without an overdone accent or general asshattery.

You guys think Vargas was right at the end of S3? About him getting released.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
3rd episode felt more like classic Fargo to me.

A lot better.

My main two problems with this season:
Characters are boring as hell outside of Doctor Senator and Dick Wickware.
It feels like they didn't have much of an editor. So many waste of time establishing shots or sequences when they could just get to the point.

Earlier seasons did the 2nd one as well but usually they were much more amusing or involved characters. You can get away with this in a movie but not in a full season of a series it's too much wasted time.

Reactions: Kurtz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad