Chris Rock to star in season 4 of Fargo

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Chris Rock to Star in 'Fargo' Season 4 at FX

Here's the official FX description: Season four of Fargo is set in 1950, at the end of two American migrations — that of Southern Europeans from countries like Italy, who came to the U.S. at the turn of the last century and settled in northern cities like New York and Chicago — and African-Americans who left the South in great numbers to escape Jim Crow and moved to those same cities — you saw a collision of outsiders, all fighting for a piece of the American dream. In Kansas City, Missouri, two criminal syndicates have struck an uneasy peace. One Italian, one African-American. Together they control an alternate economy — that of exploitation, graft and drugs. This too is the history of America. To cement their peace, the heads of both families have traded their eldest sons."

Reactions: Tall Morty

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I'll be honest. I haven't looked into this show at all, but 'Fargo' doesn't take place in Fargo?

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
I'll be honest. I haven't looked into this show at all, but 'Fargo' doesn't take place in Fargo?

It takes place throughout the Midwest. Parts of the first two seasons took place in Fargo, but it was never the primary setting.

And Rock as a mafia godfather in what's thus far been a fantastic show? Count me in.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, the casting has been great so far.

My first thought was True Detective Season 2 when I saw Chris Rock's name though. Seems odd but I'm sure they'll make it work.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
The last season was a forgettable waste of time for me, I only stuck with it for the sake of finishing it. This plot and casting doesn't inspire much interest either.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Three years between "seasons" and a lackluster 3rd season, people may not care by the time 2020 rolls around. It's basically a whole new series, if you can call it a series, by that time.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I didn't see Season 3 yet. 1 and 2 were great, the second even better than the first IMO. I've heard lots of people didn't like season 3. My first thought seeing Chris Rock as a lead in a drama is that it seems weird. I will probably wait and see what people say before spending much time on Season 4.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I saw only the movie. Just curious, how good is the series? Comparing to other classics (for me) like Breaking bad or Better call Saul.
Each season is more or less self contained. For that reason you can't compare it to those other shows. (Too early to call Better Call Saul a classic?)

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I saw only the movie. Just curious, how good is the series? Comparing to other classics (for me) like Breaking bad or Better call Saul.

season 1 and 2 were like perfect tv outside of one event in season 2.

havent seen 3

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The first 2 seasons are as good as television gets imo. They really embody everything that made Fargo an all time great and there are some incredible performances from the cast.

The 3rd season also has a great cast, but it's not quite up to par with the other two seasons. But its worth a watch for sure. Each season is its own isolated story with new actors/characters/settings. All three are connected to various degrees though.

The first 2 seasons though.... absolutely must watch TV.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Figured this was cancelled. Last season was awful. I think season 1 was very similar to the movie plot. Season 2 wasnt bad but I feel like season 3 showed their hand about how far this can really ultimately go.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I didn't see Season 3 yet. 1 and 2 were great, the second even better than the first IMO. I've heard lots of people didn't like season 3. My first thought seeing Chris Rock as a lead in a drama is that it seems weird. I will probably wait and see what people say before spending much time on Season 4.

First 5 episodes of S3 can be bit of a chore at times. Last 5 episodes are very very good.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Figured this was cancelled. Last season was awful. I think season 1 was very similar to the movie plot. Season 2 wasnt bad but I feel like season 3 showed their hand about how far this can really ultimately go.

Season 2 was fantastic.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
season 1 and 2 were like perfect tv outside of one event in season 2.

havent seen 3
Think I know what you're talking about as that one event, but I loved that. Definitely something that is very polarizing though.

Season 2 is the best season of any show I've ever watched, and Season 1 isn't far behind. Season 3 was a clear step down, but still quality TV. I think the main reason it doesn't hold up is because of how people view it relative to the insane standard the first 2 seasons set. I still think Season 3 was doing some interesting things though, and Varga is probably my favorite character in the whole series.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
The first 2 seasons are as good as television gets imo. They really embody everything that made Fargo an all time great and there are some incredible performances from the cast.

The 3rd season also has a great cast, but it's not quite up to par with the other two seasons. But its worth a watch for sure. Each season is its own isolated story with new actors/characters/settings. All three are connected to various degrees though.

The first 2 seasons though.... absolutely must watch TV.

watching s3 now and its been pretty good, varga is one of the best characters theyve had though.

and mr wrench just showed up to end the episode i just watched and it gave me chills, big throwback. expecting him to kick some ass

Reactions: Legionnaire

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I have Amazon, DirecTV, Netflix (not the dvds), and PSVUE. How can I watch Seasons 1-3 for free?

Last edited:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
watching s3 now and its been pretty good, varga is one of the best characters theyve had though.

and mr wrench just showed up to end the episode i just watched and it gave me chills, big throwback. expecting him to kick some ass

Varga is superb. One of the best villians I've ever seen.

I didn't like 3 either after first viewing. It gets better the next couple. I'd encourage a rewatch. A lot more themes in 3 but yet all of them still tie in.

Hated the movie but the show is awesome.

Looking forward to 4 hitting Hulu. The show is best binge watched.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Finally watched season one. Was there no thread here discussing the show? I couldn't find one.
Very good show. BBThornton seemed to get away/get access to too many things too easily and sometimes it seemed silly, but overall very good and will watch season two soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad