Confirmed with Link: Chris Neil will not return next season

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hoc...eil-and-the-senators-head-their-separate-ways

Neil, who suited up for 53 games last season, had lengthy meeting with Dorion and Lee Monday at the Canadian Tire Centre. At the end of the day, they’re both doing what’s best for both sides and since Neil wants to play another season this gives him the opportunity to see what’s out there in the free agency market.

At the end of meeting the two sides shook hands and agreed to head their separate ways.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sad to see him go, but unfortunately I think it's the right decision to part ways. He's not the player he once was.

I would have preferred to see him retire a Sen, but if he wants to keep playing I wish him the best of luck with his new team. It's gonna be really weird seeing him in a different uniform.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I am suprised he wants to play another season all things considered. Finishing with the team you start with is a rare accomplishment especially for a player of his ilk.

Good luck Neiler! A very impressive career with the sens.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Bummer, it'll be weird seeing him play in another uniform. Wish him the best, it's to bad but he's still got some hockey left in him and we need to get younger and faster.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Was hoping he'd retire as a Sen, but if he feels he's got more to give, I'm kinda happy Boucher won't have to debate whether or not to scratch him.

Nothing but respect for Neil and the way he plays the game, but we need to move forward without him to take the next step if he want's to be more than a 13th forward in case of injury.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Finally! :handclap::yo:

It was time, and there isn't a lot of room for players like this anymore.
Glad for what he brought to the table though, standup guy and all that.

Now don't add Girardi, don't add Girardi, don't add Girardi...

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Well, can't say this is how I'd prefer it to end. I'd like him to have retired with us.

But hey, that's a choice only Neiler can make. Wishing him best of luck, except if/when he plays against the Sens.

fishbaby

Sep 3, 2009
Cyberia
I'm very sad to see Chris go. I wanted him to end his career as a Sen . . . but if he feels he has another year in him, hope he gets to hold the Cup. He was a warrior for this team and I believe his presence helped the team beat the Rangers. Good luck Chris and hope to see you back in Ottawa in some capacity.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Good luck Mr. NEIL.

You served us right!! :yo:

picture.php

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Neil has to make hay while the sun shines so I can't blame him for checking out what may be available. The Sens have treated Neil very well over the years and there are new guys ready to fill his spot. He will forever be remembered as a Sen. Can't see many teams interested though. It is a young man's game now!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Neil brought a lot of good memories. His time was done. Thanks Neiler!

But. Dorion is winning me over. Now he needs to try trade burrows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad