Chris Neil needs to produce more

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Because right now he's the highest paid forward on the team!

Unbelievably, if you go by this year's salary and then pro-rate that amount to compensate for the lockout, Neil is the only forward playing right now who will get over $1M for this season. And it's only about 1.2M. Crazy.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Fun Fact:

Chris Neil is on pace to be on the plus side of the +/- ledger for the first time since 2006/07. Incidentally, Neil was a "plus" player for every single year of his career UNTIL 2007, and has been a "minus" ever since.

Sensbrah

Apr 24, 2012
Fun Fact:

Chris Neil is on pace to be on the plus side of the +/- ledger for the first time since 2006/07. Incidentally, Neil was a "plus" player for every single year of his career UNTIL 2007, and has been a "minus" ever since.

Unsurprising when you consider Ottawa has been a pretty poor team for a number of those years, and 2007 was also when Peter Scahefer left town. He declined rapidly so it is hard to say I miss him, but Schaefer - Fisher - Neil was one of the best (and most productive) third lines in hockey at its peak.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
As well, the entire lineup on Saturday had just over $26M in salary (not cap hit). Isn't that like half the floor?

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Oh sheesh... that makes the injuries to this team seem so so so much worse. Lol.. when Neil is our highest paid player.

I think he is doing what he does though.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Earth to Posters! Not sure you can expect Neil to lead this team in points. That is why the high draft picks are here. Zibby/Silfv etc. need to pick up the slack with everybody else chipping in. Neil's "truculence" is his forte!(Minus the dumb penalties).

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Earth to Posters! Not sure you can expect Neil to lead this team in points. That is why the high draft picks are here. Zibby/Silfv etc. need to pick up the slack with everybody else chipping in. Neil's "truculence" is his forte!(Minus the dumb penalties).

Earth to Canuckman: read the first post next time.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
He has the highest cap hit, but not highest paid :)

Oh sheesh... that makes the injuries to this team seem so so so much worse. Lol.. when Neil is our highest paid player.

I think he is doing what he does though.

Even if you don't count the guys not playing, and count salary instead of cap hit, I'm pretty sure Methot, Phillips, and of course Gonchar are making more money amongst the guys that are still playing.

If you meant the highest salary (not cap hit) of our currently playing forwards, then yes.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Even if you don't count the guys not playing, and count salary instead of cap hit, I'm pretty sure Methot, Phillips, and of course Gonchar are making more money amongst the guys that are still playing.

If you meant the highest salary (not cap hit) of our currently playing forwards, then yes.

Of the guys still playing Turris, Neil, Zibanejad, Gonchar, Phillips, Methot and Lundin make more money per game than Alfie.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Neil will be just fine ... didn't we just have this same debate about Greening? Maybe Neil needs to sit out a game? :sarcasm:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Could've gone without that crosscheck/interference penalty that let the Habs tie it up though. Other than that, flawless game from Alternate Captain Neiler!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->