News Article: Chris Mason(TV) and Hal Gill(Radio) added to Preds broadcast team

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I love the TV change, I'll hold out to see how I feel about Hal Gill. I really love Brent's insight, he struggled to get everything out but it was well worth listening to what he had to say, I assume he just felt like it was too demanding and I can't blame him for that. Overall a positive step!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I love the TV change, I'll hold out to see how I feel about Hal Gill. I really love Brent's insight, he struggled to get everything out but it was well worth listening to what he had to say, I assume he just felt like it was too demanding and I can't blame him for that. Overall a positive step!

Gill called a period for one game last season and was great. I guess it was an audition.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Blessed be the hockey gods. Both changes were desperately needed. Good luck to Brent- great guy who should have a different role with the organization. And hopefully Stu will get himself some other grade A opportunity and stay protected from twisted wristers always.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Blessed be the hockey gods. Both changes were desperately needed. Good luck to Brent- great guy who should have a different role with the organization. And hopefully Stu will get himself some other grade A opportunity and stay protected from twisted wristers always.

looks like he still has a job.

On the radio side, Weber and Gill will call the action, while Darren McFarland returns to host pre and postgame programming, as well as intermission reports. Former Predators Associate Coach Brent Peterson, who had served as radio color analyst alongside Weber, will join McFarland during the pre and postgame shows. Mark Howard takes on a new role this season, hosting in-arena game breaks during each intermission as well as special 20th season vignettes.

https://www.nhl.com/predators/news/...broadcast-team-for-2017-18-season/c-290745610

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Thank the f'in lord, Stu-pid gone. I'm sad that I won't get to use the moniker that I came up with but I will be able to listen to broadcasts again. C-Mase will do a great job. Also, no more Mark Howard on the pre and post game - only have to see his *** *** every now and again.

No more Lindsay???

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Thank the f'in lord, Stu-pid gone. I'm sad that I won't get to use the moniker that I came up with but I will be able to listen to broadcasts again. C-Mase will do a great job. Also, no more Mark Howard on the pre and post game - only have to see his *** *** every now and again.

No more Lindsay???

Tennessean article said Lindsay would be doing the away game "in game" things while Kara Hammer does the home games. During home games Lindsay will be with Crispy.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Mark was okay, at least he actually likes the Preds and tried to improve over time. I always felt that during radio shows he's been on (with Willy and Darren sometimes) that he was always the one guy who genuinely cared about learning the game and supporting the team.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Maybe the best of all the off season moves this org has made. Win all around on this for sure. Best of luck Petey, but it was time to get some more polish in the commentating.

Brilliant pick ups in Mason and Gill.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Ding dong the witch is dead!

Love this change. Chris Mason is excellent, and I can't imagine Hal Gill being anything other than excellent too. Although I enjoyed Brent Peterson's insight, his Parkinson's just made him too difficult to follow.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Ding dong the witch is dead!

Love this change. Chris Mason is excellent, and I can't imagine Hal Gill being anything other than excellent too. Although I enjoyed Brent Peterson's insight, his Parkinson's just made him too difficult to follow.

This is so horrible because I hate to rag on someone for a speech impediment, but one time we were coming home after a game and Brent, a local who was very new and his delivery was, for lack of a better word stuttery, and Olli Jokinen were the 3 personnel on the radio. I don't know if you ever noticed (this was the first time I did) but Olli had a slight lisp. So we have a guy with a Finnish accent who's lisping, a local who was clearly in the early stages of his career (he's fine now), and Brent, who is brilliant but very difficult to understand at times--I think this was before his procedure, too. I commented that that had to be the most hilarious post game show I'd ever heard, but I loved them all--couldn't imagine what someone who was just tuning in for information would have thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad