Chris Kunitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Tyson*

I've been watching hockey for over a month now, and it got me thinking why hasn't anyone talked about chris kunitz. To me he has to be a top 15 player in the nhl today. I guess my question is, why is he so underrated by the hfboard community?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I've been watching hockey for over a month now, and it got me thinking why hasn't anyone talked about chris kunitz. To me he has to be a top 15 player in the nhl today. I guess my question is, why is he so underrated by the hfboard community?

Top 15 player in the NHL? Not even close.

He's a good third wheel/complimentary player in a team's top six, who adds a physical dimension to the line and can chip in with around 20 or so goals, 55 or so points as well. Ideally though, he shouldn't be the "best" winger on the line.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010

Dog-Not-Sure.jpg

Left Circle OneTimer

Oct 1, 2011
Wells Fargo Center
I'm assuming your definition of the nhl is the Penguins team? If so your definitely right.

Crosby puts up 37 in 22 with mostly matt cooke and tyler kennedy last season. Anyone can look good playing with him or the league's reigning mvp.

Mike Tyson*

I said "today" bro, he has the numbers to back it up. My friends and I were talking about it, and I just don't believe that an average player can produce like kunitz is this season, even considering that he's playing on a team with the best player in the league.

Left Circle OneTimer

Oct 1, 2011
Wells Fargo Center
I said "today" bro, he has the numbers to back it up. My friends and I were talking about it, and I just don't believe that an average player can produce like kunitz is this season, even considering that he's playing on a team with the best player in the league.
:laugh:
Do the names Andy Hilbert or Michael Nylander mean anything to you? Lets not make a fool of yourself now okay?:shakehead

Mike Tyson*

:laugh:
Do the names Andy Hilbert or Michael Nylander mean anything to you? Lets not make a fool of yourself now okay?:shakehead

Dude, Hilbert sucks, his highest goal total in the nhl was 11 and point was 28 i believe, and what does Nylander have anything to do kunitz or crosby? Kunitz has already proven that he is capable of scoring 30 goals and 60 points without crosby, when he was on the ducks (i researched it). After watching him play for over a month now, I don't see why he's not top 15 this year.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
So you're telling me that anybody that plays with Crosby could be a ppg or higher player? I don't buy it, give me some examples.
Theres really no point in taking account of how many points players have so far. Kuitz being a ppg player is just a case of scoring points early while the rest of the nhl is trying to get used to playing again. Loo at vanek, he had 20 points in like 10 games but hasnt produced much in the last 5 games because everybody else is back to speed. Another example, moulson has more points than datsuyk,neal, E staal, giroux, thornton, kovalchuck, etc. By no means is he even close to any of these players, it just that he was a bit more up to speed than everybody else. Wit till middle of march and everything should go back to normal.

Left Circle OneTimer

Oct 1, 2011
Wells Fargo Center
Dude, Hilbert sucks, his highest goal total in the nhl was 11 and point was 28 i believe, and what does Nylander have anything to do kunitz or crosby? Kunitz has already proven that he is capable of scoring 30 goals and 60 points without crosby, when he was on the ducks (i researched it). After watching him play for over a month now, I don't see why he's not top 15 this year.
Lol okay you got me the jokes over...

Oh and since your reasearching stats, could you tell me how well Andy Hilbert did while playing his 18 career games with Crosby in Pittsburgh?

Nylander? Just another example of a terrible hockey player putting up stats while playing with an all time great (Jagr)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So you're telling me that anybody that plays with Crosby could be a ppg or higher player? I don't buy it, give me some examples.

I doubt Kunitz finishes the year at a point per game.

Anyway, even though it's true that simply playing with Crosby doesn't automatically guarantee a winger to score at a point a game clip, it does help their totals. Kunitz has some talent, which allows him to benefit from Sid more than, say, Dupuis, who is less talented than Kunitz.

At the end of the day, though, if you want to be ranked "Top 15", you better be able to produce those kind of numbers even if you're not on Crosby/Malkin's line. And Kunitz wouldn't sniff a point per game if he didn't have Crosby or Malkin centering him.

Mike Tyson*

Lol okay you got me the jokes over...

Oh and since your reasearching stats, could you tell me how well Andy Hilbert did while playing his 18 career games with Crosby in Pittsburgh?

Nylander? Just another example of a terrible hockey player putting up stats while playing with an all time great (Jagr)

Okay dude, I just did a quick research and he played 19 games not 18 and he put up 18 points, and that's it 19 games. It was a fluke season, because hilbert is not a proven player like Kunitz.

Dude, are you trying to tell me that you don't believe in Kunitz nor do you believe that he's a top 15 player standing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad