Player Discussion Chris Kreider

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
So far I haven’t seen any indication that Colorado or even the Isles are gonna give up their top prospect for a rental. So that leaves Boston who doesn’t have much to offer. So yeah I’m sorry that I’m not in the “trade Kreider” camp but at least it’s for legit reasons. If we got what the devils got for Hall then by all means trade him but we are most likely getting the 29-31 first pick and a ok prospect. Not really good lol

Reactions: Maximus

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
So far I haven’t seen any indication that Colorado or even the Isles are gonna give up their top prospect for a rental. So that leaves Boston who doesn’t have much to offer. So yeah I’m sorry that I’m not in the “trade Kreider” camp but at least it’s for legit reasons. If we got what the devils got for Hall then by all means trade him but we are most likely getting the 29-31 first pick and a ok prospect. Not really good lol

I want him to stay, but he's gonna have to come down from his demands. If he doesn't, he's gone and the return doesn't even matter at that point. It's going to be underwhelming, but it's better getting something than letting him walk in July.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I want him to stay, but he's gonna have to come down from his demands. If he doesn't, he's gone and the return doesn't even matter at that point. It's going to be underwhelming, but it's better getting something than letting him walk in July

I agree. Personally I feel the closer we get to Monday the more Kreider would come down a little bit.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Gut feeling this second is that he stats. Which makes more interesting at guessing what they other moves would need to be. And no, DeAngelo isn't one of them

I agree. Personally I feel the closer we get to Monday the more Kreider would come down a little bit.

I hope you're both right. I have no idea how it's gonna go. I wonder if they offered him an extension in October how things would have played out. Not blaming them at all, but this whole thing could have been way less dramatic a few months back when he wasn't tearing up the NHL.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I hope you're both right. I have no idea how it's gonna go. I wonder if they offered him an extension in October how things would have played out. Not blaming them at all, but this whole thing could have been way less dramatic a few months back when he wasn't tearing up the NHL.
They could not have done it. Panarin & Trouba ensured that.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
They could not have done it. Panarin & Trouba ensured that.
I was fine with Panarin but was never a fan of Trouba especially at his price tag. Plus Gorton doing that was badically telling us he wanted to compete for the playoffs which makes dealing Kreider for a subpar return makes even less sense. If had dealt Kreider earlier he probably gets a better return back. But now that the Rangers are pushing for a playoff spot it makes it even more head scratching

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I'll be sad and disappointed to see Kreider go. I also would bet that the peak of his career will be the next two or three seasons. That's both a reason to sign him and a reason not to. Really, the shame isn't that Kreider 'took too long' to put it together, but that we've hamstringed ourselves with horrible contracts in the meantime.

Hate to beat the old drum, but Stralman at 4.5 versus Staal and Girardi at 11.2 is likely the worst decision this franchise has made in the salary cap era.

Reactions: belford22

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I was fine with Panarin but was never a fan of Trouba especially at his price tag. Plus Gorton doing that was badically telling us he wanted to compete for the playoffs which makes dealing Kreider for a subpar return makes even less sense. If had dealt Kreider earlier he probably gets a better return back. But now that the Rangers are pushing for a playoff spot it makes it even more head scratching
Not even remotely close. The Trouba trade and the Panarin signing were NEVER about THIS year. No one expected the Rangers to compete for playoffs aside from some message board fans who had unrealistic expectations.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Not even remotely close. The Trouba trade and the Panarin signing were NEVER about THIS year. No one expected the Rangers to compete for playoffs aside from some message board fans who had unrealistic expectations.
I think you misinterpreted lol. I never said this year. I meant next year

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Not even then. Next year, this is a cusp team. A version of this year's Flyers.[/QUOTE

I’m in the camp that even if there is no Kreider next year which hopefully won’t be the case seeing I really want him back, that there will be enough growth from the kids and that there is enough of a foundation that we should be able to compete favorably for a WC spot if not the 3rd seed in the Metro.

This team with Kreider absolutely competes for one of the METRO slots likely a 2 or 3 seed.

And it will be quite likely that is the expectations of JD and Gorton as well.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I believe that they will compete for 2nd wild cars all year. They will be cusp. Expecting a 20 point turnaround is just not in the cards. At least to me. Next year should be the year where they begin to rise. After that? The future is the future.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Keep in mind this is a negotiation tactic by other teams trying to play chicken with the Rangers. Once we get close to the wire, and teams start sweating that they're going to lose in the sweepstakes they'll likely start offering more.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Keep in mind this is a negotiation tactic by other teams trying to play chicken with the Rangers. Once we get close to the wire, and teams start sweating that they're going to lose in the sweepstakes they'll likely start offering more

maybe maybe not. I still feel the Rangers are still interested in working out a deal if there is a compromise with CK. Otherwise he would be gone by now or sitting games out

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Gut feeling this second is that he stats. Which makes more interesting at guessing what they other moves would need to be. And no, DeAngelo isn't one of them

Carpinello was on FAN. He's a little more optimistic than @Edge. He's got the likelihood of Kreider staying between 40 and 50%, and when Beningo pressed him, he said he thought would still be a Ranger after the deadline.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Carpinello was on FAN. He's a little more optimistic than @Edge. He's got the likelihood of Kreider staying between 40 and 50%, and when Beningo pressed him, he said he thought would still be a Ranger after the deadline.

Yeah, I was just going to post this. Kind of sad to hear him talk about Lundqvist's situation too.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Does he not understand percentages?

I'm guessing he thinks the likelihood of him staying increases the closer we get to the deadline as Kreider and the Rangers continue talking. Or maybe the odds jumped up during the conversation and he didn't make us privy to new information.

Reactions: Thirty One

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Yup...all-in-all, the spot was about as good as gets from FAN regarding hockey.

It was the first time I've listened to the FAN is like 5 years. It's the best you're gonna get, unless Sommers is on. Is he even still there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->