Player Discussion Chris Kreider

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
This is what Kreider is a 50 point, 20-25 goal scorer who brings speed, physicality, and some leadership. Have no issues with that. If he was a 70-80 point guy he’d be making 8 million plus.
He could be a 40-50pts regular season guy.... but If he goes beast mode in playoffs... That's all I really care about

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Defenders when Chris Kreider is skating

Gwv8.gif

dangsLITE

Jan 16, 2011
NYC
While I don't think he can keep this up forever, the fact that he has doubled his career number of career hat tricks in the past week shows that he is really playing on a different level right now, especially for reg season.

Reactions: BobSantos and romba

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
He’s stepped up big time. I was ripping him a new one. My problem with him is we know he’s not going to score hat tricks every week, but damn, when he’s moving he’s unstoppable. Does he not see it? Because let’s be honest, when he’s not going well, he stops skating and looks less inclined to engage in contact at all.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
While I don't think he can keep this up forever, the fact that he has doubled his career number of career hat tricks in the past week shows that he is really playing on a different level right now, especially for reg season.

diminishing returns? Hope this isn’t the case and has more to do with familiarity but sometimes when you have so much talent then nothing works. Kinda like an All-Star team.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Im kind of shocked to see this thread hasn't been bumped already. With a lot of firepower not going for us lately, Kreider has stepped up. 4th in the league in goals scored
85% of the board was against Kreider and his signing.... they are not bumping it :laugh:

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
This is Kreider. He scores in bunches and then will be invisible for a week. Nothing new, just great timing right now with panarin out and Zib flying over the cuckoos nest.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
This is Kreider. He scores in bunches and then will be invisible for a week. Nothing new, just great timing right now with panarin out and Zib flying over the cuckoos nest.

It's true. But there is something especially feel good about this hot streak. He has done a good job this year getting out in front of the media and speaking to the fanbase during the bad times, so I definitely appreciate him doing his part to back that talk up with his actions as well. He's gotten some puck luck, but he has also been much more engaged on the forecheck over the last ~2 weeks winning puck battlers. He gets full credit for that in my book.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It's true. But there is something especially feel good about this hot streak. He has done a good job this year getting out in front of the media and speaking to the fanbase during the bad times, so I definitely appreciate him doing his part to back that talk up with his actions as well. He's gotten some puck luck, but he has also been much more engaged on the forecheck over the last ~2 weeks winning puck battlers. He gets full credit for that in my book.

This is more encouraging than the goal scoring.

He wasn't doing ANY of this earlier in the year. When he goes cold, that part of the game can't go with the goal scoring because he becomes useless.

He's not going to continue to shoot at 30% and that shouldn't be the expectation. The effort along the walls/puck retrievals should be non negotiable though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad