Player Discussion Chris Kreider

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Just give him his damn money and call it a day.

It’s pretty simple...if you think this team’s window opens up next year, which I do, and I’m betting Ranger management does, too, Kreider makes you a better team for the next 4-5 years. As I have seen from other people, either Gorton gets a king’s ransom, or Kreider is here for at least six more years.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It’s pretty simple...if you think this team’s window opens up next year, which I do, and I’m betting Ranger management does, too, Kreider makes you a better team for the next 4-5 years. As I have seen from other people, either Gorton gets a king’s ransom, or Kreider is here for at least six more years.
I don't...I think the window opens up 2 years from now...but i do think shesterkin is gonna get us close to the playoffs next year.. maybe even get in.

Reactions: Riche16

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

With Igor in net, add a LHD who is reliable, they will be set. Scoring isn’t an issue for the Rangers because of players like CK. KZB is hot, has been hot in the past, and will be hot in future.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I don't...I think the window opens up 2 years from now...but i do think shesterkin is gonna get us close to the playoffs next year.. maybe even get in.

Disagree. If the Rangers are not a playoff team next year, things have gone wrong. I’m not saying they’re complete yet. They still need growth from the kids, an upgrade on Skjei, Staal sent to the press box and another bottom six forward or two. But, they have a lot of skill, both in the top six and on RD. They’re learning to play a heavy game. And Gorton has a lot of ammunition to add the other parts.

Reactions: belford22

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
It's possible they get in next year..maybe even probable...but to me the window is when we compete for a cup. And that won't happen till kakko becomes a legit player, and I don't see that happening in 1 year, I think it takes him another full year to totally adapt.

They don’t need him to get there next year:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
At this point, I feel like Kreider will be gone if they only get a king's ransom for him. If not, I think he stays.

Well theres the whole they'd need to sign him thing that has to happen between now and 3 PM Monday.

I don't think that gap gets bridged and I really, really don't think they self rent him.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Kreider is still a support player though, he can't carry a line by himself. I hope Gorton doesn't wait until the last minute to make a trade, because by that time most teams interested would have made their moves.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Kreider is still a support player though, he can't carry a line by himself. I hope Gorton doesn't wait until the last minute to make a trade, because by that time most teams interested would have made their moves.
Nobody has ever said he carries anybody but he does have a bigtime effect on what he brings. That line has insane chemistry and still all pretty young

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I still think the right move is to re-sign him (unless you get the ransom that BobMcKenzie suggested). This team has actually played great hockey the past ~25 games, turned the season around and he's probably one of their 3 best players.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
He needs to be signed or traded before Monday’s deadline, that’s about all I know right now
Yup. Gorton should spend the next two days seeing if they can get this done. However if they are too far apart by Saturday then he needs to pray he can pry another team to give up a very good prospect because it’s obvious Colorado isn’t doing it. The last thing I want is waiting until a Boston is the only team left and we get a shit return. Look I want to resign him first and foremost but they need to get it straightened out this weekend

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Gorton can sweeten the deal with one of our LD prospects. If Gorton wanted to sign Kreider to an extension he should have done so a long time ago. Makes little sense to do it now.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Support player? He has consistently been among the top Ranger forwards in driving play for his whole career.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Gorton can sweeten the deal with one of our LD prospects. If Gorton wanted to sign Kreider to an extension he should have done so a long time ago. Makes little sense to do it now.
Not really true. It’s a fact that there is interest in him staying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad