Player Discussion Chris Kreider

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Rangers have probably offered him 6.5x6. that's higher than I woulda gone. He wants 7x7. That's a huge gulf. 10 mil. Even if the rangers went up to 7x6 you're talking a 7 million dollar gulf. That's gigantic.

I bet you anything someone will give kreider 8 mil a year for 7 years. He's better than Hayes.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
[QUOTE="JC704, post: 170782641, member: 146099"
top six player with a unique skillset, a crazy work ethic, a team leader in the locker room, and somebody who undoubtedly complements their top center.[/QUOTE]

he is a lot of the above yet respectfully, to higher extent if he was all of the above I believe he would have already been named the Captain and resigned well before this deadline.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Joe Thornton put up multiple 100+ point seasons, Pavelski was a regular over 70 points, Bergeron a regular over 65 while also being regularly the best defensive fwd in the league, Wheeler over 90 points, Marleau 70-80, Cole was a 70+ guy. Kreiders career high is 53 points. Those guys have/had skillsets that dwarf Kreider’s. Kreider doesnt have a very broad skillset unlike the players you mentioned. An argument could be made for Justin Williams, but again is that someone you want to be paying 7m four years from now?
Once again, this has ZERO to do with how many points who scored. That is yet another strawman. The question was whether Kreider will be productive and when. In other words, for how long can he do what Kreider does. Not anyone else. He does not need to replicate what the others have done. But those players are examples of who stayed productive despite age affecting their skills. Your sole assertion is based essentially likening Kreider to a Hagelin or Grabner.

As for how much money would I give Kreider, that has been fairly well documented.
You are right, maybe age does get to Zbad. But there is a boat load more of power fwd type players who are toast by age 32 compared to skilled players. Im not gonna sit here and make you put together lists of players because thats annoying, but I would be curious to see a list of players who put up Zbad type numbers at 26 years old who have just fallen off a cliff in their 30s.
Age gets to everyone. The majority of players who play like Mika decline as they age. The question is not if it will happen, but what they an be at the tail end of the contract.
I cant help but think of the Andrew Ladd situation when it comes to Kreider
If Kreider is playing on the third line in the last two years of his deal, but spends the first 4 being exactly who he is, I would take that. Easily.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Once again, this has ZERO to do with how many points who scored. That is yet another strawman. The question was whether Kreider will be productive and when. In other words, for how long can he do what Kreider does. Not anyone else. He does not need to replicate what the others have done. But those players are examples of who stayed productive despite age affecting their skills. Your sole assertion is based essentially likening Kreider to a Hagelin or Grabner.

As for how much money would I give Kreider, that has been fairly well documented.

Age gets to everyone. The majority of players who play like Mika decline as they age. The question is not if it will happen, but what they an be at the tail end of the contract.

If Kreider is playing on the third line in the last two years of his deal, but spends the first 4 being exactly who he is, I would take that. Easily.

You are misunderstanding. My point was that those players you listed had way more attributes than Kreider. That is why they stayed relevant later in their careers, because although age may have diminished a couple of their attributes, they had more skills to fall back on. Again, Kreider doesn't offer much when compared to those players.

I don't even think its debatable that PWFs age quicker than skilled players. Ladd, Backes, Lucic the list goes on

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You are misunderstanding. My point was that those players you listed had way more attributes than Kreider. That is why they stayed relevant later in their careers, because although age may have diminished a couple of their attributes, they had more skills to fall back on. Again, Kreider doesn't offer much when compared to those players.

I don't even think its debatable that PWFs age quicker than skilled players. Ladd, Backes, Lucic the list goes on
He does not have to offer "much" more. He just have to offer what he is. And pigeonholing as a one trick pony whose sole attribute is speed is disingenuous. His game is much, much more than that.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
He does not have to offer "much" more. He just have to offer what he is. And pigeonholing as a one trick pony whose sole attribute is speed is disingenuous. His game is much, much more than that.

Its really not much more than that. Hes fast, good along walls, and good in front of the net. He isn't nifty or agile, he doesn't see the ice, he doesn't have a good skill set. He is a horse with blinders on, which works for now

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Its really not much more than that. Hes fast, good along walls, and good in front of the net. He isn't nifty or agile, he doesn't see the ice, he doesn't have a good skill set. He is a horse with blinders on, which works for now
Ok. You are right. His game is all speed and nothing else. You win.

Reactions: bigdog16

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019

On a day where the awful takes will be flying fast and furious, this post is an early contender for the awfulest of them all.

Reactions: Leetch3 and jas

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
On a day where the awful takes will be flying fast and furious, this post is an early contender for the awfulest of them all.
Here are players that still played well into their 30's......Kreider is a one trick pony with nothing but speed. He will not age well.

He is the best net front presence in the entire NHL and has been......Kreider is a one trick pony with nothing but speed. He will not age well.

Here is what else Kreider does well......Kreider is a one trick pony with nothing but speed. He will not age well.

I think that I will eat an apple right now......Kreider is a one trick pony with nothing but speed. He will not age well.

Reactions: jas

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Here are players that still played well into their 30's......Kreider is a one trick pony with nothing but speed. He will not age well.

He is the best net front presence in the entire NHL and has been......Kreider is a one trick pony with nothing but speed. He will not age well.

Here is what else Kreider does well......Kreider is a one trick pony with nothing but speed. He will not age well.

I think that I will eat an apple right now......Kreider is a one trick pony with nothing but speed. He will not age well.

We are the point now where they clearly want him, but can't make the numbers work. It never got to this far with Zucc or Hayes, their minds were already made up well before the deadline. Sucks they can't find a way to meet in the middle, but what can you do? I don't blame either side. I've resigned myself to the fact he's gone but anyone trying to minimize his abilities or his impact on the team and on the game are just clueless, stat surfing idiots. Not even worth debating those people anymore because they'll never get it. "He doesn't drive play, like..." That's all you need to know.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We are the point now where they clearly want him, but can't make the numbers work. It never got to this far with Zucc or Hayes, their minds were already made up well before the deadline. Sucks they can't find a way to meet in the middle, but what can you do? I don't blame either side. I've resigned myself to the fact he's gone but anyone trying to minimize his abilities or his impact on the team and on the game are just clueless, stat surfing idiots. Not even worth debating those people anymore because they'll never get it. "He doesn't drive play, like..." That's all you need to know.
I still think that there's a chance he stays. Gut feeling is that Gorton has a suitor but is waiting to seek if the Kreider camp blinks. I think that this goes all the way to the last second.

Reactions: klingsor

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
The "sell-off" portion of the rebuild is over... and yet I suspect today is going to rip the guts out of that room in a way even beyond the last two deadlines. Kreider... AND Fast? And maybe (though very unlikely) even Staal and/or Lundqvist? This is what it is, but I'm terribly disappointed in how both the CK and goal situations have turned out. No blame on anyone, just..... s***. :(

The sell of portion is not over until our team is in diapers. In the next two years we will have fans asking to trade Panarin because he is 29.

Reactions: klingsor

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
Rangers have probably offered him 6.5x6. that's higher than I woulda gone. He wants 7x7. That's a huge gulf. 10 mil. Even if the rangers went up to 7x6 you're talking a 7 million dollar gulf. That's gigantic.

I bet you anything someone will give kreider 8 mil a year for 7 years. He's better than Hayes.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad