Player Discussion Chris Kreider

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Most pending UFA's that sign with their current team do so in the last year of their contract. I don't know what "2+" year thing you're talking about.
Mostly because they don't become eligible to sign an extension until...well...the last year of their contract.

Reactions: GoAwayStaal

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
By years, you mean two. He is 26 now. Kreider is 28 and there is a viewpoint to as to how he holds up during the next contract. I would like to know why there is no such concern about ZBad? The Rangers should just be entering their window.

My brotha, in two years we'll talk about Zbad - I don't view the two as mutually exclusive whatsoever as Zbad has already shattered anything Kreider has ever done here.

We're talking Kreider. And he should be gone tomorrow 'cuz that contract will not jibe with what we're trying to do here in the future. Again, hoping a lot of things fall the right way with the kids. One more deadline of recouping future assets, were going to war for a looooong time after this season.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
By years, you mean two. He is 26 now. Kreider is 28 and there is a viewpoint to as to how he holds up during the next contract. I would like to know why there is no such concern about ZBad? The Rangers should just be entering their window.

Also Zbads game ages way better than Kreiders. You take away Kreiders speed and he isnt very effective, his skill is pretty limited. Zbad can slow the game down, has more skill, and can see the game in a way Kreider cant. I feel like Kreiders game might fall off a cliff halfway thru his next contract

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
All signs seem to point to the Rangers refusing to go 7 years

I think the offer is 6.5 x 6, with an off chance of going up to 6.75

Wouldn't surprise me if Kreider is looking for more than 7x7
Then he’s out of his mind. 7x7 is stretching it. More — in dollars or length — is insane.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We're talking Kreider. And he should be gone tomorrow 'cuz that contract will not jibe with what we're trying to do here in the future.
This is a simple question. Yes, his contract is up in two years. Now given, and I am using your words here, with what is trying to happen in the future, the Rangers should just be entering their window at the time that ZBad is staring at being a UFA. He will command more years and more dollars than Kreider is currently. How is it that you seem to have no concerns about how such a large contract that will pay A LOT of money to a player well into his 30s when the Rangers should be in their window for Cup competition? Shouldn't the conversation start now about trading ZBad with a year left on his term for a sizable return given that you seem to be so averse to tying up the salary structure with a big contract when the Rangers are competing for a Cup in the future?

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
This is a simple question. Yes, his contract is up in two years. Now given, and I am using your words here, with what is trying to happen in the future, the Rangers should just be entering their window at the time that ZBad is staring at being a UFA. He will command more years and more dollars than Kreider is currently. How is it that you seem to have no concerns about how such a large contract that will pay A LOT of money to a player well into his 30s when the Rangers should be in their window for Cup competition? Shouldn't the conversation start now about trading ZBad with a year left on his term for a sizable return given that you seem to be so averse to tying up the salary structure with a big contract when the Rangers are competing for a Cup in the future?

I was always talking kreider- you are the one whom claimed I'd treat Zbad and Panarin the same. I never brought either of them up. We can talk them in 2 and 5 years bud.

Kreider shouldn't get a 6+ year deal with us. Bottom line

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Also Zbads game ages way better than Kreiders. You take away Kreiders speed and he isnt very effective, his skill is pretty limited. Zbad can slow the game down, has more skill, and can see the game in a way Kreider cant. I feel like Kreiders game might fall off a cliff halfway thru his next contract
Ahh......ZBads game ages better. I presume that when he is 33 and still has 3 years left on a contract paying well in excess of $8 or $9m, age will magically have absolutely no effect on this physical marvel?

Tell me, who do you believe to be in better shape, Kreider whose workouts are legendary or ZBad?

The fact that you managed to take a top line wing and surimise that the only thing he ha is speed tells me that you could not have been watching his career much. If you had, you would be able to answer what in the world does his speed has to do with how he plays around the net?

Reactions: NYRangers0723

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Grabner was a fitness freak. Not aging well at all once he hit 30.
Saying his current production is due to not aging well implies he used to reliably produce well, which he didn't. He had a few hot years and otherwise was as wishy-washy and inconsistent as he is now

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kreider shouldn't get a 6+ year deal with us. Bottom line
Because you do not want to be paying a player whose skills are diminishing as he is getting into his 30s at a time when the Rangers are competing for the Cup. Is that correct or not?

If the answer is yes, then please simply answer the question that I have asked you to answer multiple times. How can you possibly not have such concerns about ZBad?

If that is not the case, and you are not concerned with that, then tell me why you would not want Kreider here?

Which one is it?

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Ahh......ZBads game ages better. I presume that when he is 33 and still has 3 years left on a contract paying well in excess of $8 or $9m, age will magically have absolutely no effect on this physical marvel?

Tell me, who do you believe to be in better shape, Kreider whose workouts are legendary or ZBad?

The fact that you managed to take a top line wing and surimise that the only thing he ha is speed tells me that you could not have been watching his career much. If you had, you would be able to answer what in the world does his speed has to do with how he plays around the net?

been watching his career since day 1. How many big physical forwards age well? So when kreiders speed wears off (which it undoubtedly will), your left with what? A player that is good in front of the net? He has no skill, and stone hands. Skill will take you way deeper into a career than physical traits will

it doesnt matter how “legendary” kreiders workouts are. PK Subban has some pretty “legendary” workouts too, seems to be working out for him. Some of the best players in the league are built like 10th grade boys.

If you are truly arguing that Kreider is a more valuable piece than Zbad then you are clinically insane, but also already have your mind made up and its not worth arguing with you about

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
been watching his career since day 1. How many big physical forwards age well? So when kreiders speed wears off (which it undoubtedly will), your left with what? A player that is good in front of the net? He has no skill, and stone hands. Skill will take you way deeper into a career than physical traits will
How does his speed help him in front of the net? What you are describing is not a top line forward but a Michael Grabner.

Explain to me how age will not affect Zbad's skills.
it doesnt matter how “legendary” kreiders workouts are. PK Subban has some pretty “legendary” workouts too, seems to be working out for him. Some of the best players in the league are built like 10th grade boys.
Is Zbad better conditioned and in better shape?
If you are truly arguing that Kreider is a more valuable piece than Zbad then you are clinically insane, but also already have your mind made up and its not worth arguing with you about
Going to go with the fact that you will be completely unable to point to a single post of mine that would even remotely suggest that. Let's not start making up arguments that are not being argued just to try to prove your point. Again, that is called a strawman.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Helps him get there faster. Duh.
Right. My bad.

Honestly the pros and cons of Kreider have been debated and re-debated. But to somehow begin to equate him with being a Grabner or being worried by him aging but selectively not being worried about other players aging seems disingenuous at best. At worst, it's just talking out of your tukhus.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
How does his speed help him in front of the net? What you are describing is not a top line forward but a Michael Grabner.

Explain to me how age will not affect Zbad's skills.

Is Zbad better conditioned and in better shape?

Going to go with the fact that you will be completely unable to point to a single post of mine that would even remotely suggest that. Let's not start making up arguments that are not being argued just to try to prove your point. Again, that is called a strawman.

what kind of player is successful when their only skill is being a good net front player? As i pointed out in my earlier post, skill isnt something that ages the same way physical traits do. I asked you to name a player, any type of power forward like Kreider, who aged well in their 30s. You cant, there are none. Kreider is a one trick pony, Zbad is a 10 trick pony, thats why he will last longer

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
what kind of player is successful when their only skill is being a good net front player? As i pointed out in my earlier post, skill isnt something that ages the same way physical traits do. I asked you to name a player, any type of power forward like Kreider, who aged well in their 30s. You cant, there are none. Kreider is a one trick pony, Zbad is a 10 trick pony, thats why he will last longer
Well into their 30s? Not many. Though there have been examples and I have listed them in response to AK who asked the same thing. You can feel free to search out the responses. Should you choose not to, I will summarize and tell you that on a 6 year deal, Kreider will be just fine for at least 4 of the years. And if he spends the last one or two as a 3rd line player that is just fine.

Now tell me other centers like ZBad that have kept being just as productive well into their 30s? Also tell me specifically which if Mika's skills will not be diminished with age?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->