Player Discussion Chris Kreider Part II: Manimal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Jaromir Kreider a breakthrough season in October?

I rather keep Chris K. and move Zib when we need more draft picks in 2019 draft.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
CK is one of the best net front guys in the entire league..and has been since like his 2nd season in the NHL.
This will show my age but I've been yelling at the clouds for so long that the Rangers needed a guy who played like Tim Kerr in front of the net. I hated him of course but I admired his play so much. He was a beast of an immovable force in front of the net.

The Rangers hardly ever had anyone that played close to how Kerr played. But I like your thought on Krieder. And he's only going to get better and tougher. Rangers have to keep him.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
This will show my age but I've been yelling at the clouds for so long that the Rangers needed a guy who played like Tim Kerr in front of the net. I hated him of course but I admired his play so much. He was a beast of an immovable force in front of the net.

The Rangers hardly ever had anyone that played close to how Kerr played. But I like your thought on Krieder. And he's only going to get better and tougher. Rangers have to keep him.

Kerr averaged over 50 goals for 5 seasons. Kreider has only broken 50 points once in his career.

Kreider screens.

Kerr was a goal-scoring machine who screened.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Kerr averaged over 50 goals for 5 seasons. Kreider has only broken 50 points once in his career.

Kreider screens.

Kerr was a goal-scoring machine who screened.
Yes but I was referring only to Kerr's ability to screen and be a nuisance in front of the net. Something that the Rangers have lacked for a long time. Krieder can bring that element.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yes but I was referring only to Kerr's ability to screen and be a nuisance in front of the net. Something that the Rangers have lacked for a long time. Krieder can bring that element.

Kreider does bring that element.

Nobody in the NHL tips more pucks on net than Kreider.

If we actually shot the puck, I think that would be more fruitful, but AV hated shooting the puck.

Metranger

May 22, 2015

If we actually shot the puck, I think that would be more fruitful, but AV hated shooting the puck.
That's you just joking right? That's too stupid a philosophy even for AV.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Pavelski doesn't tip more pucks on net than Kreider? You don't seriously believe that.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Doesn't your link prove that Kreider has a higher percentage of tips for goals than shots tipped on net?

Given that tips tend to be luck-based in terms of whether or not they go in, it's extremely likely that he's also attempted more.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Given that tips tend to be luck-based in terms of whether or not they go in, it's extremely likely that he's also attempted more.
I can assure you that tips going in are no more lucky than any other goal going in. And back when Kerr played guys got slashed and hacked and murdered in front of the net

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Have you watched this team the last three years?
I have. Even longer.

I've seen a lack of shooting on the PP in droves. Made me sick....Did not realize it was AV's philosophy that guided lack of shooting. I thought it was lack of initiative and confidence.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I have. Even longer.

I've seen a lack of shooting on the PP in droves. Made me sick....Did not realize it was AV's philosophy that guided lack of shooting. I thought it was lack of initiative and confidence.

I don't think the players lack initiative and confidence. I think the coach did, and he definitely coached them to pass up shots unless they were incredible chances.

That's why we've been near the bottom in shots generated and near the top in shooting percentage for some time now.

Reactions: Miamipuck

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I can assure you that's not how physics works.
Why would you be part of a fan forum to legitimately post nonsense just to anger as many people as possible. We come here to debate our team and you come to make silly childish arguments that are completely irrelevant to sports.

I actually believe I’m starting to figure you out. I see you post in s video game thread. Your other posts make sense now.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Why would you be part of a fan forum to legitimately post nonsense just to anger as many people as possible. We come here to debate our team and you come to make silly childish arguments that are completely irrelevant to sports.

I actually believe I’m starting to figure you out. I see you post in s video game thread. Your other posts make sense now.
I see lots of attacking of a poster here, and not the actual ‘non-sense, silly, childish, irrelevant’ argument that should, in theory based on the above, be very easy to refute.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

You thinking science is nonsense. I'm shocked.

Reactions: Miamipuck

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Your concerns over childish arguments would be a lot more valid if one of your most famous arguments against players wasn't based entirely on the player's nationality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad