Chris Kreider/JT Miller Discussion Thread (2/16: Kreider recalled to NHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Fully expect Kreider to be in Hartford for the Whale game tomorrow.

Still don't think Miller is ready. As long as Powe is out, Mash should be in the lineup.

Would like to see Ferriero back when healthy. I also want to see Thomas get a shot. Couldn't hurt on the PP at this point :dunno:

Yes. Why not honestly. Kreider and Miller as of lately haven't been contributing much at all. Might as well give another young guy with potential a chance while one of Kreider/Miller works on their game in the AHL.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Oh let me guess, Torts wants CK to "observe" our practices too, right?

More importantly though, is Nash practicing?

Bardof425*

Both look really bad out there. They really need to send them down, because they're costing the team.

why such a hardon for these young guys? Both played better than Mash, Asham, Boyle, Cally, Richie, Gabby and Pyatt. We need them to continue developing right here because our forward group is not performing outside of Hags, Step, Halp, and Nash.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
why such a hardon for these young guys? Both played better than Mash, Asham, Boyle, Cally, Richie, Gabby and Pyatt. We need them to continue developing right here because our forward group is not performing outside of Hags, Step, Halp, and Nash.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the bolded.

Also I think hard-on means a different thing to you than me.

Apr 10, 2012

halpern has been doing exactly what he's supposed to. he's a D first player. he's over 50% on faceoffs. i'm happy with him. performing doesn't mean scoring goals. i'd add asham to the list too

also: loved kreider's last second hit (and the dive) in the end of the 2nd. anything to add a spark... unfortunately nothing followed into the third

Bardof425*

Are you unhappy with what Jeff Halpern is giving us with the minutes and responsibility he is getting?

Bardof425*

No, but I think it's a bit strange to have him listed as one of the 4 forwards who are performing.

Why? he is performing. I haven't watched a game this where I have been unhappy with his effort or effectiveness. You as a Boyle defender know that these kind of guys often go unappreciated.

Bardof425*

That's hilarious, he said the exact opposite of what it means. :laugh:

No I didn't. When you have a hardon for a guy it means you have a problem with him and continually find reasons to talk him down. That's how we use it in Brooklyn. Kinda like some on the forum for Boyle, MDZ, Gabby..

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
No I didn't. When you have a hardon for a guy it means you have a problem with him and continually find reasons to talk him down. That's how we use it in Brooklyn. Kinda like some on the forum for Boyle, MDZ, Gabby..
Brooklyn is clearly an ass backward borough

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Why? he is performing. I haven't watched a game this where I have been unhappy with his effort or effectiveness. You as a Boyle defender know that these kind of guys often go unappreciated.
I've been very happy with Halpern. I was just confused that a person who doesn't care about or understand defense would put Halpern on such a list.

Does sex work the same way in Brooklyn?

*Bob Richards*

I think you may want to check your slang dictionary....

*Bob Richards*

As much as I would love to explore the hilarity of misinterpreting common phrases, lets steer this back on topic.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I just don't get it. I figured if Kreider could succeed that well in the playoffs, he'd be fine in the regular season.

Do you think his college play last year really helped his playoff play that much?

Vidic15*

I just don't get it. I figured if Kreider could succeed that well in the playoffs, he'd be fine in the regular season.

Do you think his college play last year really helped his playoff play that much?

He's struggling to find a balance between defense and offense. He didn't have to worry about playing within the system in the playoffs. It doesn't help that Torts scares the hell out of his players.

Bardof425*

I've been very happy with Halpern. I was just confused that a person who doesn't care about or understand defense would put Halpern on such a list.

Does sex work the same way in Brooklyn?

Yes, you are confused. I concur. That may be the first time we've agreed.

If this person is me, then you have no clue. I appreciate defense when it is actually played well. The fact that Halp can skate and handle the puck makes him more effective than BB. In your blind affection for Mr. Boyle you have never considered that others see his play differently than you do (meaning we actually watch the games instead of ignoring the action and just reading esoteric stats after it).

And to be clear (although you'll ignore this statement), I appreciate what BB does defensively as long as he does it getting 4th line minutes because his other abilities are inabilities.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Watched most of this game.

I thought Kreider was one of the few Rangers skating, along with Hagelin, and Gaborik (in the first period, when there was some hockey being played). People seem to ignore that Kreider and Gaborik were skating, though, because they didnt score.
Kreider needs physical confidence.

Slow game. Tough to judge anyone off of that performance, but to me, Kreider did not look lost or appear to be a liability for the team. I didn't notice Miller much. He likes to play with the puck between the red line and a couple feet inside his defensive zone, which terrifies me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->