Chris Kreider/JT Miller Discussion Thread (2/16: Kreider recalled to NHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Possibly others might also come down with the same influenza as it tends to run through teams and they want Kreider here in case a last minute case occurs and somebody can't play .

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Possibly others might also come down with the same influenza as it tends to run through teams and they want Kreider here in case a last minute case occurs and somebody can't play .

They all had the flu shot weeks ago. The term flu is so overrated when it comes to hockey teams. Anytime someone is sick, its 'the flu'

It could be a ton of different types of sickness. Let's hope its just a stomach thing at the worst, and he feels better tomorrow after resting today.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
If Nash is out I will be upset as im going to my first game of the season.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
They all had the flu shot weeks ago. The term flu is so overrated when it comes to hockey teams. Anytime someone is sick, its 'the flu'

It could be a ton of different types of sickness. Let's hope its just a stomach thing at the worst, and he feels better tomorrow after resting today.

Even so I wouldn't trust the flu shot as any reliable deterrent to actually getting the flu. Often times individuals wind up getting sick even after receiving a flu shot.

SwedeAmerican

Dec 5, 2011
If indeed Nash has the "flu" why is it always our top guys who get sick? Why if somebody has to get sick cant it be Brian Boule or Stu Bickel?

*Bob Richards*

If indeed Nash has the "flu" why is it always our top guys who get sick? Why if somebody has to get sick cant it be Brian Boule or Stu Bickel?

Unlike the benches or the ice, the press box is usually bereft of germs. ;)

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
talk about a stretch. i hate lucic, and i think he gets away with a lot of stuff because he can play hockey (seriously-- that run at miller?!) but i don't think that it has anything to do with this

Idk, that was a high hit by a big man. Hopefully, it might not have injured Nash, but during the game most of us recognized it as a high hit.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Ryan Callahan
11 GP
3 goals - 1 assist - 4 points
GF 8
GFPP on ice on ice 2
GA on ice 11
GAPP on ice 3
Plus/minus -2
37:47 PK ice time
42:26 PP ice time
131:20 ES ice time
221:33 Total ice time

JT Miller
6 GP
2 goals - 0 assists - 2 points
GF on ice 6
GFPP on ice 2
GA on ice 3
Plus/minus +1
14:18 PP ice time
63:19 ES ice time
77:37 Total ice time

Chris Kreider
7 GP
1 goal - 1 assist - 2 points
GF on ice 6
GFPP on ice 1
GA on ice 3
Plus/minus +2
8:46 PP time
63:19 ES ice time
72:05 Total ice time

Not really sure what this does or does not prove...

Kershaw

Both look really bad out there. They really need to send them down, because they're costing the team.

BarbaraAlphanse

Both look really bad out there. They really need to send them down, because they're costing the team.

Kreider looks uninspired. He was looking at the bench for his next change as often as he was looking at the play on the ice.

Miller is making many mistakes.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Fully expect Kreider to be in Hartford for the Whale game tomorrow.

Still don't think Miller is ready. As long as Powe is out, Mash should be in the lineup.

Would like to see Ferriero back when healthy. I also want to see Thomas get a shot. Couldn't hurt on the PP at this point :dunno:

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Kreider looks like he just wants to avoid mistakes. It's a shame he hasn't been able to use his skating to create anything. He seems like he wants to play a very cerebral sort of game like a chess match, which is far from his strength. There are times when he looks totally lost out there, even out routine plays like break-ins or forechecking, which should just be instinctual. He needs to stop thinking so much and just play hockey.

Miller has been pretty good and exceeded expectations.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think Kreider is still backchecking on the second Montreal goal as I type this. He was actually better last night, which isnt saying much. He went from brutal to bad.

The only time I've noticed Miller since the first Isles game is when hes making a turnover in the neutral zone.

Neither one of these guys are ready to produce consistently, but lack of bodies is putting them in this position. In an ideal world, they'd both be in the AHL.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I think Kreider is still backchecking on the second Montreal goal as I type this. He was actually better last night, which isnt saying much. He went from brutal to bad.

The only time I've noticed Miller since the first Isles game is when hes making a turnover in the neutral zone.

Neither one of these guys are ready to produce consistently, but lack of bodies is putting them in this position. In an ideal world, they'd both be in the AHL.

Kreider should literally be the last person to blame on that goal. It wasn't his man. Blame Richie for the ****** ass pass into Staal's skates. Blame Staal for trying to Bobby Orr-superman a shot on net, taking himself out of the play. Blame Richie again for coasting back and not covering HIS man. Kreider was hardly at fault there.

That being said, someone needs to give this kid a Herb Brooks pep talk. He needs to play angry and inspired. Stop trying to play so cerebral.

jskramer83

Nov 11, 2011
Kreider should literally be the last person to blame on that goal. It wasn't his man. Blame Richie for the ****** ass pass into Staal's skates. Blame Staal for trying to Bobby Orr-superman a shot on net, taking himself out of the play. Blame Richie again for coasting back and not covering HIS man. Kreider was hardly at fault there.

That being said, someone needs to give this kid a Herb Brooks pep talk. He needs to play angry and inspired. Stop trying to play so cerebral.

The biggest mistake made on the second goal, was Callahan trying to pick off the first pass putting him well out of position and turing a 3 v 2 into a 3 v 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->