Rumor: Chris Kreider Arb numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think Kreider undervalues his own bargaining power.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think Kreider undervalues his own bargaining power.

Not really. On a long term deal, yes, but this is arbitration and only 1-2 years. The average will certainly be lower than what he's worth long term.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
It's whatever. This is just how we deal with most of our RFA's. It's where Gorton is at his finest.

Both Callahan and Dubinsky were just as far off on arb numbers, only for a (very fair) deal to be made in the 11th hour.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
This makes me think Shattenkirk for Kreider + is a very real possibility.

Maybe Shattenkirk for Kreider + 1st, and the 1st is given back if by some snowballs chance the Rangers don't extend Shatty.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Maybe Shattenkirk for Kreider + 1st, and the 1st is given back if by some snowballs chance the Rangers don't extend Shatty.

No no no. The Brassard trade shows a desire to get younger.

And Shattenkirk doesn't solve the plethora of problems we have. And just will take up way too much cap space. Why not just re-sign Yandle instead??

I wouldn't even give up a 1st for Shattenkirk. That's how much we don't need him.

I'd sooner trade Zuccarello, to be honest.

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Honestly think Kreider + agent would be looking to ask for what Palmieri got, since that's the most comparable in value. Almost right on the money.

Wonder why they asked only $4.75M...thought he would have asked for at least $5M.

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

I'd rather not trade for Shatty, but sign him as a UFA, if anything.

That being said, for the bolded, I honestly think that any Shattenkirk trade to anyone is dependent on an extension being done.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Honestly think Kreider + agent would be looking to ask for what Palmieri got, since that's the most comparable in value. Almost right on the money.

Wonder why they asked only $4.75M...thought he would have asked for at least $5M.

Remember, the arbitration would only be for 1-2 years of RFA. Palmieri's deal bought out 2 years of RFA and then another 3 years of UFA, which traditionally costs more. For just RFA years alone, Palmieri would have gotten way less.

I imagine if Kreider and his agent are valuing his remaining RFA years at around 4.75M, their long-term number for UFA years would be ~5.5M.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Remember, the arbitration would only be for 1-2 years of RFA. Palmieri's deal bought out 2 years of RFA and then another 3 years of UFA, which traditionally costs more. For just RFA years alone, Palmieri would have gotten way less.

I imagine if Kreider and his agent are valuing his remaining RFA years at around 4.75M, their long-term number for UFA years would be ~5.5M.

Kreider elected arbitration, so doubtful the Rangers elected a two year term which would leave him a UFA at the end of it

So it's likely a 1 year term being arbitrated if it comes down to it.

Finding comparable players who have only a 1 year term in their 2nd to last RFA year, or even their last RFA year, I have not been able to find any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->