Injury Report: Chris Kelly Out 6-8 Months w/Left Femur Fracture

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The only bad thing about Kelly was his contract. Which wasn't really that bad, it only seemed that way because we were in cap hell for the majority of it's length.

This comes at a really bad time for a guy who probably deserved better. It's going to be hard to get a contract after such an injury at his age. Good luck Kells.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
terrible to see. Kelly is a great team guy, consistently gave his all. seems like such a likable teammate and person. Really hoping this wasn't his last game.

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
Poor guy, rarely a break from the fans, people overall had really started to a appreciate him a bit this year IMHO and ... :cry:

I've always appreciated him. Just not his cap hit. He's always been an important part of our bottom 6. Great energy guy, grinder, responsible in his own end, important PK'er. He will be missed.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Hard to break that bone. Someone on Twitter mentioned possibility of bone cancer. It reminded me of Dave Dravecky breaking his arm by throwing a pitch. Sure hope that's not the case for CK.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what I thought as well. I hope it's not the case and it was just a freak injury.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I hope he stays with the team, travels with them and spends time, he is clearly an important player in the lockerroom and would be nice to have him there during the games.
It would also probably motivate him more.

Will this mean a Griffith call up?

We just called up Koko.

BornBruliever

Aug 18, 2011
I can't help but wonder if the shot he blocked in Tampa caused the initial injury and when he hit the digit in the ice there was just enough force to break the bone.

Really hop it isn't anything worse.

Get well soon Cage!

Was thinking same. And it would have been like him to keep playing through whatever pain was there until the actual break. Despite his recent warts, he had heart...a Bruin.

BornBruliever

Aug 18, 2011
Have we not enough pk'ers to avoid Talbot and/or a Paille type signing and just try Koko in Kelly's 5 on 5 duties when Pasta returns?

BigBadBruins63*

I'm going to miss Cage. Never thought i'd say that but damn this sucks.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I can't help but wonder if the shot he blocked in Tampa caused the initial injury and when he hit the digit in the ice there was just enough force to break the bone.

Really hop it isn't anything worse.

Get well soon Cage!

It is the hardest bone to break. It usually only happens in skiing and car crashes.

The room is going to miss him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Huge loss, this Kelly backer terribly disappointed and saddened watching what I did in the first two minutes of the game

and then frustrated by the rest

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
It's days like today that I'm glad he did get that slightly large salary. Strikes me as the kind of guy who was smart with his money. Best of luck in whatever you do man, warrior. Part of the cup squad.

With him out now I count 6 + Rask left from the cup.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
We will finally see how valuable the K man was to this team. Should be interesting to see how this team plays moving forward.

Wish you the best Kelly. I really hope this isn't career ending. :cry:

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
Excellent PKer, faceoff man, utility play anywhere team guy and leader. I feel horrible for him, he will be missed.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I watched it 10 times. How the hell did he break his femur?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
His leadership will be missed in a big way.

I bet we see Talbot up, with Kelly gone he is no longer redundant and I'd like to keep a veteran presence in Kelly's role for the time being. Fill a void in that locker room with a similar kind of guy

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
His leadership will be missed in a big way.

I bet we see Talbot up, with Kelly gone he is no longer redundant and I'd like to keep a veteran presence in Kelly's role for the time being. Fill a void in that locker room with a similar kind of guy

Good post...unfortunately yes Talbot will be called up. I see him good with guys off the ice but on the ice....he is nowhere near Kelly replacement material.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The perfect 3rd line player the first half of his career in Boston the guy had a good career and has a lot of mileage on him from his style of play. Sucks big hole defensively to fill.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
You guys have me worried for him now, I really hope he doesn't have Cancer, I couldn't imagine a more terrible outcome. Here's to being alright and a quick recovery Kelly.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I never understood why fans always gave him crap,
I always liked the guy.
we prob beat mtl in 2014 and win the cup if he wasn't injured

not his fault he was offered that contract.
they will miss him a lot.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You guys have me worried for him now, I really hope he doesn't have Cancer, I couldn't imagine a more terrible outcome. Here's to being alright and a quick recovery Kelly.

we will be hearing Kelly had surgery all went well and he will be around the team and helping out as soon as he can move around - my take

I hope he is involved and around the team- Kelly was known for the guy who always said the right thing at the right time be it bear down or a joke to lighten things up

they played last two periods like their dog had died

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Wow, the Kelley love is surprising. I know these feelings weren't around before yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad