Injury Report: Chris Kelly Out 6-8 Months w/Left Femur Fracture

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I would love to see him play but we need to make the playoffs for it to happen.

It will happen :)

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
From some of the comments here it looks like Ferraro has a job by default. Must be nice to be him in a Claude Julien world.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Cage scores goal that secures the B`s playoff spot.....that would be a fitting end to this wacky roller coaster of a regular season

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
From some of the comments here it looks like Ferraro has a job by default. Must be nice to be him in a Claude Julien world.

Ferraro's play has slipped IMO. With Acciari on board already and kids like Kuraly, Blidh, Hargrove, etc in the pipeline, not sure I want to commit a contract to Ferraro going forward?

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Ferraro's play has slipped IMO. With Acciari on board already and kids like Kuraly, Blidh, Hargrove, etc in the pipeline, not sure I want to commit a contract to Ferraro going forward?

yup, started out gangbusters. he's okay and he was what we needed at the time and I was a fan, but the other guys you mention, including Kelly, could all be harder to play against than him.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
His leadership is sorely missed. Other than Bergy I don't see anyone stepping up. Cage would provide that, and give us that leadership spark we need.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Any chance you see Kelly coming back this offseason? Maybe 2 years at 1.25 per. Kelly-Czarnik-Acciari could be a solid 4th line. Good leader, PK guy and can play pretty much every offensive position.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Any chance you see Kelly coming back this offseason? Maybe 2 years at 1.25 per. Kelly-Czarnik-Acciari could be a solid 4th line. Good leader, PK guy and can play pretty much every offensive position.

kelly has life in him but dont see it here... my gut call sees him in edmonton next year as they scream for his leadership and attention to defense

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So is there any word on a time-frame for a Kelly return?

A week? Two weeks? A month?

If Julien has finally had enough of Spooner at C, than getting Kelly back for the playoffs could be a nice addition:

Sidenote: Any word on Connolly? Be nice to get him back and replace Ferraro.

Julien could go:

Marchand - Bergeron - Stempniak
Spooner - Krejci - Eriksson
Belesky - Kelly - Pastrnak
Vatrano - Acciari - Connolly

Or even better IMO

Belesky - Krejci - Eriksson
Spooner - Kelly - Pastrnak

Extras: Hayes, Ferraro, Randell, Talbot

Maybe Claude would finally trust Pasta and Spooner together if A) Spooner is on the wing, and B) A defensively responsible C like Kelly is playing with them.

bruins51

Jul 5, 2015
So is there any word on a time-frame for a Kelly return?

A week? Two weeks? A month?

If Julien has finally had enough of Spooner at C, than getting Kelly back for the playoffs could be a nice addition:

Sidenote: Any word on Connolly? Be nice to get him back and replace Ferraro.

Julien could go:

Spooner - Krejci - Eriksson
Belesky - Kelly - Pastrnak

Or even better IMO

Belesky - Krejci - Eriksson
Spooner - Kelly - Pastrnak

Extras: Hayes, Ferraro, Randell, Talbot

Maybe Claude would finally trust Pasta and Spooner together if A) Spooner is on the wing, and B) A defensively responsible C like Kelly is playing with them.

came in to say basically this. if claude wants to keep spooner on krejci's wing i could see talbot being replaced with kelly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad