Injury Report: Chris Kelly Out 6-8 Months w/Left Femur Fracture

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
One of the saddest days of my life came about 15 years ago when I realized that every player on the Bruins team was now younger than me. :(

Most of the B's are younger than my daughter :amazed:...I am older than the coach :shakehead

...so don't feel bad

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
One of the saddest days of my life came about 15 years ago when I realized that every player on the Bruins team was now younger than me. :(

good thing Chara is still here for me

Me too, now all the kids drafted are born after I graduated.

Long live Jagr.

Hey you kids - turn down that noise you call music, get off my front lawn and pull up yer damn pants !!!!!!!

old-man-with-cane-305x435.jpg

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I wonder if the Acciari callup is just to get the kid's feet wet while they buy some time to get Kelly back for the playoffs.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
I have no inside information but there is absolutely no bleeping way Kelly plays this year. He broke his femur people. You're looking at 6 months minimum just to fully heal the bone. Never mind being in shape and in a position to take any contact for another couple months. Kelly is great though and I don't think he's done.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I have no inside information but there is absolutely no bleeping way Kelly plays this year. He broke his femur people. You're looking at 6 months minimum just to fully heal the bone. Never mind being in shape and in a position to take any contact for another couple months. Kelly is great though and I don't think he's done.

The Cage could surprise:yo:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

It was all done for me when Mark Recchi retired.

I figured we would never see Kelly in black & gold again; which is sad. He was terribly overpaid the past few years, but one of my favorites anyway.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
They're ALL young enough to be my sons. Pasta is younger than my son, and it's going to accelerate from there.

When my daughter realized Seguin was just a year older than she was and there are several players her age or younger.

I seriously don't think we see Kelly this season or in the playoffs and if we do he's going going to be slow and way out of sync. He missed months of skating and fitness and he won't return where he left off but will be worse.

My fear is Sweeney will re-sign him because he's a leader. It's time to let Kelly go and if they like him that much give him a job with the team.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
kelly will help someone next year... but not at 3 mill.

useful to a young team looking for leadership or to a championship team filling a specialty spot... not useful to a vetern middle of the pack team like us

time to thank kelly for his underappreciated underrated tour of duty and move on much like the sad partings with thornton paille and campbell

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
They showed him on Behind the B skating for the first time, one of the trainers played the Rocky theme when he came out. :laugh: The trainer also said it's the first time in his twenty years with the team that they ever had someone with a broken femur.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
guy is a savage.
skating and thinking of playing in the playoffs after a broken femur.

Im nervous about playing baseball in a couple months after I strained my quad in November. lol

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I always thought he was a pretty valuable player and somewhat surprised by the Chris Kelly hate. The problem was the way Claude used him- like he has Kevan Miller incorrectly that has led to both these players catching grief for performing outside their job description.

Kevan Miller when he lands next year as a bottom pair D man will show he has good value and is a good player.

Kelly in a bottom 6 roll especially 4th line is an asset. He can play LW and if you put him out there with Acciari and Ferraro I'll take that over any 4th line in hockey and I took a list around and I like the speed, smarts, and defensive component these guys would give you- and allow Krejci and Bergeron to use their energy elsewhere

other than the Caps a healthy Boston is going to be tough out in the East

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I always thought he was a pretty valuable player and somewhat surprised by the Chris Kelly hate. The problem was the way Claude used him- like he has Kevan Miller incorrectly that has led to both these players catching grief for performing outside their job description.

Kevan Miller when he lands next year as a bottom pair D man will show he has good value and is a good player.

Kelly in a bottom 6 roll especially 4th line is an asset. He can play LW and if you put him out there with Acciari and Ferraro I'll take that over any 4th line in hockey and I took a list around and I like the speed, smarts, and defensive component these guys would give you- and allow Krejci and Bergeron to use their energy elsewhere

this is spot on agree 100%

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA

These are good points. But the Kelly "hate" started for me because of asset management. Not because of his play on the ice. And obviously sometimes it was frustrating because Kelly would be plugged in every lineup hole because he was Juliens favorite toy

We let a 5 million dollar #2 defensemen go for picks but we keep a 3 million dollar #3/#4C? That is baffling and embarrassing and our team is ****ed for the next 4 years because of it.

No doubt Kelly is a useful player in the right role. But when your management makes decisions like that contempt starts brewing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad