Confirmed with Link: Chris Kelly Added to Crawfords coaching staff

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah he is the eyes for the GM here ,to make sure the mandate is followed...

Betax

Jun 25, 2018
He was already working for the Senators as a Development Coach. The Sens aren't taking on a new salary, and they get to audition him in a new role, so I guess it makes sense from that point of view?

And hey, he saw winning teams under sane circumstances in the past, maybe he'll help reduce the trauma the kids are going through, his job can be to tell them "don't worry, this isn't normal for the NHL. Only five or so more years of indentured servitude before you can escape."

Reactions: forecheck

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Seems like a bit of a nothing move to me. Give Kelly some experience coaching . . . wipe the table clean in the off season.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
OMG BEST NEWS IN 2 YEARS THIS IS IT. even if you think this sucks it the most positive news IMO in 2 years :/

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Kelly deserves better than being sucked into this hot mess. I hope he's being paid well, but then again... probably not.

Reactions: Fixxer

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Say what you want about EM, at least he does one good thing as a boss and gives the people that work for him promotions.
This is good for Kelly, getting your foot in the door as a nhl coach is a hard thing to do.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

That’s not a true statement? This isn’t good for Kelly? How often do guys get this chance? I know Dorion sucks but he put in the time and got his shot too.
honest opinion? you don’t think he is happy or stoked he took a job training players in Ottawa ? A big mess everything is, but this could be life changing good for him.
Maybe we will luck out and attract some guys with talent in hopes they get promoted

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
So chris kelly history, traded for 2nd round pick ended up being shane prince, who was non tendered last june and is now in the KHL.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
That’s not a true statement? This isn’t good for Kelly?

Its good for Kelly, but this part, wow:

Say what you want about EM, at least he does one good thing as a boss and gives the people that work for him promotions.

Amazing how much you go to bat for the guy. Dorion got 'promoted' because Scroogene needed someone to trade his big ticket players, not because he's a good boss. GMs get hired to build teams, not dismantle them. Kelly got 'promoted' because Melnyk runs a bare bones operation, not because he has experience behind the bench.

Yeah great guy that Melnyk. Dipshit of the highest order.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Its good for Kelly, but this part, wow:

Amazing how much you go to bat for the guy. Dorion got 'promoted' because Scroogene needed someone to trade his big ticket players, not because he's a good boss. GMs get hired to build teams, not dismantle them. Kelly got 'promoted' because Melnyk runs a bare bones operation, not because he has experience behind the bench.

Yeah great guy that Melnyk. Dip**** of the highest order.

It’s not to bat. He is a impossible person to work with, he is making some very bad choices. Things have gone to shit,
But can’t more then one thing be true? I can’t hope some talented overlooked people tired of waiting for a shot might take a job?
The fact that he gives those that work for him promotions is still a fact.
the fact that it may have opened doors to other coaching jobs for Kelly is still a fact.
It does not make him a good boss, it does mean he knows what he is doing. It just is. I have no idea why everything is so imposibly closed minded nothing can be discussed rationally.
“What it’s not good to get promoted” cause cause. Really? Come on now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad