Speculation: Chris Johnston: NJ, Canes, Rangers, Tampa All Sending Two Scouts To Leafs-Pens Game

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Scouts are scouting....?! OMG Something is definitely going on!

source.gif

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Wow... I guess this means

Hamilton, Skeji, Hedman, and Severson

Are all heading to Toronto for

Nylander, Gardner, and some prospect that’s completely overhyped.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Posted this on the Devs board on this topic...

My uninformed, uneducated guess would be the Leafs are testing the market for Kadri.

Guessing Nylander wants a path to play some C before committing long term, and that isn't gonna happen with how the roster is set up right now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Posted this on the Devs board on this topic...

My uninformed, uneducated guess would be the Leafs are testing the market for Kadri.

Guessing Nylander wants a path to play some C before committing long term, and that isn't gonna happen with how the roster is set up right now.

I think it could just as easily be Gardiner.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I think it could just as easily be Gardiner.
Maybe. But then Toronto has even more issues on D.

Like I said, it's just a wild ass guess, but moving Kadri for D and then signing Nylander seems like the best/easiest move for the Leafs.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Like I said, it's just a wild ass guess, but moving Kadri for D and then signing Nylander seems like the best/easiest move for the Leafs.

I don't know that Gardiner improves their D a whole lot. They could want a more stay-at-home guy coming the other way. And, if I'm not mistaken, there's a guy or two they could promote from within.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010

From the teams who were reported to be there, what kind of return do you think is possible?

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB

Part of Tavares signing with the Leafs was the promise that he wouldn’t be forcing them to subtract from what they’ve built.

Kadri is a pretty integral part of the Leafs’ forward group.

Can’t imagine that keeping Tavares happy. And if you break you promise to Tavares, your word is worth nothing so kiss Nylander signing with you goodbye, and probably Matthews/Marner too. At least not at “discounts” so the team can stay “competitive”.

Not as much the same with Gardiner, just because he is UFA at season’s end and they have some prospective LHD available in the system. Although again, it’s probably not ideal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad