Speculation: Chris Johnston: NJ, Canes, Rangers, Tampa All Sending Two Scouts To Leafs-Pens Game

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
In before “starts with Point + Sergachev + Foote” for whoever we’re supposedly scouting.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
NYR dealing an RHD to TML for a winger?

DeAngelo is out of options. Isn't Leivo out of options? Not sure how many reps he is getting? I am nottrying to get in a value argument but something yeah I'm thinking a swap of out of option players.

Leivo for DeAngelo. Heard it here first

Last edited:

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
In before “starts with Point + Sergachev + Foote” for whoever we’re supposedly scouting.

Please. You aren't getting max value for a player that the entire league knows you have to trade because you have to pay Matthews. You will be lucky to get 70% his value.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
this was about the pens looking for D help, not anything to do with Nylander

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
thing that blows my mind most in this thread is that nyr/pit dont play until january...

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm thinking it's Kadri.

When Nylander gets signed.... followed by Marner and Matthews... how much of the cap is going to be taken up by Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares, and Reilly? After that, Leafs fans have to realize that while they have one of the best offensive groups in the league, the D is THIN. When considering all that, should your third line center be making 4.5 mil per year on a multi year deal?

I think if they have the opportunity to trade Kadri to upgrade at D, they should do it. Not saying that any of the teams that are scouting the Leafs are a good fit for a trade... just think that after proclaiming that Dubas can keep the big guns around all together, this is what they should be looking at.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can't see TB/Toronto engaging in serious talks right now, so we were probably watching the Pens. But we're really not in a position to trade for a roster player right now regardless, so I doubt this is significant from our position.

We're rumored to be listening on Coburn and Koekkoek, but it wouldn't make much sense to deal for anything but a pick or a prospect.

...Or maybe, just maybe, something around Coburn/Koekkoek for Jake Gardiner if the Leafs are looking to clear future cap-space. But I don't see either of us all that eager to solve the other teams' problems.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
NYR dealing an RHD to TML for a winger?

DeAngelo is out of options. Isn't Leivo out of options? Not sure how many reps he is getting? I am nottrying to get in a value argument but something yeah I'm thinking a swap of out of option players.

Leivo for DeAngelo. Heard it here first
This doesn't really do anything for us. I'd rather just hold off and hope our coach gives DeAngelo a shot in the line-up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->