Chris "Higgity Higgity" Higgins Appreciation Thread

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Higgins had been great, one of the only bright spots in this slumptastic season.

Nobody expected us to make the playoffs this year outside of Canuck fans, I consider this season a success. We just need to get healthy and tell Daniel to stop ****ing around a bury some goals!

I'm really hoping after the Olympics this team puts the pedal to the medal for the stretch drive and playoffs, and maybe just maybe pick up a piece at the trade deadline

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I don't remember any pre season analysis that had the Canucks missing the playoffs.

I meant other fan bases I didn't pay attention to the pre rankings on TSN or anything like that, just the feel I got from around the league

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Everyone was pretty convinced that the SoCal teams were going to make a play-off birth a very difficult - but not impossible - feat to accomplish.

I would agree that this season has been a success so far, as much as we all like to ***** about it like spoiled little children.

I hope this team makes some lateral moves at the deadline and draft, as far as the deadline goes, in an attempt to balance out this team's roster: too many D, too many (actually good) third liners and fourth liners, actually. Goaltenders.

The offseason is a bit of a wild card... UFA values are always totally skewed.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Love it when he sneaks behind their D.

Yep, guy isn't as fast as Raymond yet has seemingly gotten more breakaways in a shorter duration as a Canuck too. Should tell you something about the difference in IQ between the two.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Bump! Higgins with the SO goal...

Also Looks to me like Higgins Bonino Burrows line has potential to be good, I know its not the line everyone wants to see but I like the look of it... If we could run a 2a 2b type setup with Vey, Kassian, and whoever is playing well...

Good place to start IMHO and from there seems like Coach D is not afraid to mix the lines up...

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Bump! Higgins with the SO goal...

Also Looks to me like Higgins Bonino Burrows line has potential to be good, I know its not the line everyone wants to see but I like the look of it... If we could run a 2a 2b type setup with Vey, Kassian, and whoever is playing well...

Good place to start IMHO and from there seems like Coach D is not afraid to mix the lines up...

Think ZK was demoted in the 3rd. ZK and Vey need a defensive/2 way player to play with since both are below average defensively. Its really more like a 3a/3b/3c system we run right now. Or top 3, bottom 9. Our 4th line has players that pretty much can entirely interchange with the 3rd line and for the most part, we don't worry about having them out on a regular shift. Afterall, 2/3 of them are on the PK and Dorsett has PK experience too... :laugh:

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Think ZK was demoted in the 3rd. ZK and Vey need a defensive/2 way player to play with since both are below average defensively. Its really more like a 3a/3b/3c system we run right now. Or top 3, bottom 9. Our 4th line has players that pretty much can entirely interchange with the 3rd line and for the most part, we don't worry about having them out on a regular shift. Afterall, 2/3 of them are on the PK and Dorsett has PK experience too... :laugh:

I think there will be a lot of shuffling of the wingers on the second and third lines - it's not so much demotion, since they're likely to be treated as being 2A and 2B lines in terms of deployment.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Bump again...

I know its all the rage to hate on Kesler these days... But I think it is time to start considering the possibility that the reason most of our 2nd liners looked like good 3rd line guys was in fact the one common denominator on the 2nd line...

because Higgins has stepped up a level this year... sure seems to be scoring more points

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
I know its all the rage to hate on Kesler these days... But I think it is time to start considering the possibility that the reason most of our 2nd liners looked like good 3rd line guys was in fact the one common denominator on the 2nd line...

because Higgins has stepped up a level this year... sure seems to be scoring more points

I think there is some truth to this. The Canucks appeared to have no one shot scorers last season, but I think lacking quality playmakers could have played a bigger role in that than we probably thought.

Higgins is a good one shot scorer. Now that he has a high end playmaking centre to slot in next to, I think he's going to show it more regularly this season.

I still don't see Higgins as a weakness on the 2nd line LW. He's shown a few times throughout his career that he can score goals and generate the offense you need from a top 6 forward. Expecting good 5 on 5 production from him again this season - something in the 20-20 range 5 on 5.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Higgy is outperforming his contract and he is too versatile. Can't see him getting traded anytime soon.

SopelFan*

I honestly thought nothing of him when we got him other than a rental 4th liner. Now he is a personal fav every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->