Chris "Higgity Higgity" Higgins Appreciation Thread

Pseudonymous*

Got 2 goals today, and 1st 40 pts season since his Montreal days. What was his cap hit again?

and hes been battling issues and has also missed 11 games. im excited to see a full healthy season from him. i think given regular second line duties with booth and kes and he remained healthy, he could produce 50-60 pts quite easily. though that won't happen because he fits well on the 3rd line also and other players don't

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Man, MG has sure found gems in guys like Higgins, Lapierre to name a few. I didn't have high expectations for Chris when he was traded here, but he's sure finding his old game from his Montreal days.

The fact he's such a hardworker, and is a disciplined player on top of that, he's a guy you just win with.

Horse

Go Canucks!
Feb 14, 2005
Cariboo, BC
I want to clone both him and Burr. It just seems like you can stick them anywhere in the lineup and they make that line better.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I want to clone both him and Burr. It just seems like you can stick them anywhere in the lineup and they make that line better.

Hansen, Burrows and Higgins are all those perfect complimentary wingers that you can really slot anywhere in the lineup. Hopefully we can develop Kassian into a giant version of their two way play.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I'll take clones of everyone on this team, please (hold off on the Alberts, Romes, Weises, please).

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Got 2 goals today, and 1st 40 pts season since his Montreal days. What was his cap hit again?
It's more important to have this type of player in the playoffs. Healthy, Higgens skates miles/rarely takes a night off & is very reliable defensively (while good for popping in the odd goal here and there).

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Checked out his stats today and was surprised to see him scoring at a better clip than Kesler. Man when I've watched Vancouver Kesler seemed a bit off but I wasnt aware he was struggling this much offensively.

adamzilla

Mar 9, 2008
Vancouver
Checked out his stats today and was surprised to see him scoring at a better clip than Kesler. Man when I've watched Vancouver Kesler seemed a bit off but I wasnt aware he was struggling this much offensively.

Booth and Kesler both miss Higgins.

I also think it'll take an offseason until Kesler feels 100% with his hip again. He had surgery last summer.

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
Just noticed he was only 28(29 in june) thought he was in his early 30's

have been impressed with him from last year and all year so far.

then last night I thought his stick handleing was incredible.....esp in toight quarters

BLAME CANADA*

Higgins is a beast!! I love our 3rd line and hope we resign Pahlsson to keep that 3rd line intact for next season.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
"Put your war face on."

higgins_chris487_381.jpg

5818296.bin

5877787.bin

-Chris Higgins

(we need more of this in the playoffs. :rant:)

Outside99*

When Higgins is on, he's undoubtedly a top 6. At $1.9M, a huge steal.

Btw, there's no reason to change that 3rd line atm, they're playing so well together. It would be highly questionable to move Higgins off that line to get the 2nd line going.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
When Higgins is on, he's undoubtedly a top 6. At $1.9M, a huge steal.

Btw, there's no reason to change that 3rd line atm, they're playing so well together. It would be highly questionable to move Higgins off that line to get the 2nd line going.

Actually I don't think Higgins is suited for a top 6 role. I think he's got enough skill but what makes him such a fantastic player is that he's such a hard worker and is gritty. At times on the 2nd line this year he's lost that edge (though it was when he was sick).

But that being said, playoff hockey is another animal where even your skilled players will bring some grit.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
I've seen a few people say he isn't a real top 6 forward, I disagree and more importantly love his energy and compete night in and night out, he's not Ovi and its absurd to expect a goal every other game or every 3rd but at least when he isn't putting the puck in the net, he's trying to create chances and is working double time even if the rest of the top 6 may be mailing it in.

Guys a pro and seems to be one of those rare players that really appreciates his opportunity and works to keep it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad