Chris Higgins

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Uber Coca, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Uber Coca

Uber Coca Registered User

Well am I the only really impressed by his play so far? Was the best for the habs last night too.
    :handclap: Chris

2. montreal

montreal Go Habs Go

There's a good article on him in USA hockey mag. Don't know if they have online access to their articles but it was a good read about how he had to chose between being a soccer player or hockey player, how he got back from Slovakia playing for Team USA's U-18 or U-17 and had to go straight to Team USA's U18 or U-17 soccer team for another tournament. He also talks about his time at the camp for USA this summer, and how it went.

Fans say he doesn't have much offensive upside, yet he led his team in scoring in Avalon for 3 years, led Yale in scoring while he was there and led Team USA U-20 in scoring his first year. He was Hamiltons' MVP last year and if not for a rough start to the season he likely would have led the team in scoring.

I don't know what his future is but I'm glad he's playing well. Even if he doesn't put up the points, imo he will be a solid NHLer. His speed seems to have improved a bit and he's a smart player that works hard, glad the Habs drafted him.

3. Uber Coca

Uber Coca Registered User

I don't understand how some can judge a player's offensive upside in his first NHL season after a couple of games. From what I saw, he has good hands and read the play well, he's also very fast.
    Some Habs fan must compare his contribution to Perezhogin's, well he didn't play on the first line with Kovalev and Koivu. And now that he's on the second line, Ribeiro and Ryder are playing better hockey.
    Higgins will be a great player in this league.

4. Higgins is perfect for Montreal. He's the 3rd liner everyone wants to have, and he grew up a Hab fan as well, so he's living a childhood dream, something precious few can do.

He just seems like a Hab the way he plays. I have a hard time explaining what that means, but it just makes sense...

5. Seph

Seph Registered User

Home Page:
    I've only seen him a few times, but he's managed to stand out with his hard work and solid all around play. He also seems to have a bit more offensive than I had originally heard. Quality prospect, would gladly take him on my team.

6. Mess

Mess Global Moderator

Home Page:
    Well he is no Kyle Wellwood , but he is helping out the Habs .. :D

7. Pokecheque

Pokecheque armoredheadspace Sponsor

Wannabe Blogger
    Home Page:
    It'd be great if he made Team USA this year.

8. MXD

MXD Original #4

Dead
    I was discussing this with a friend lately, and we both came out with the same comparison : "Early Mike Keane with quicker feets". And "early" Mike Keane was really not "late" Mike Keane".

I really like the kid since I saw him score 2 PK goals in a 2-1 (or was it 3-2?) victory in WJC.

9. henri2014

henri2014 Registered User

The thing i like the most about Higgins is that he makes the other team do turnovers. Him and plek are really good at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.