Chris Hemsworth to Play Hulk Hogan

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I agree Gawker is/was garbage and they were certainly wrong in posting the videos. But Bubba the Love Sponge filmed it without his consent, his people leaked it, it was available otherwise on the internet, why didn't they go after him?

There are a lot of websites/tabloids/etc that post nothing but celebrity garbage that makes everyone who reads it stupider, but they still exist. Is it any better for free speech that billionaires can fund lawsuits to stifle news organizations (and I use that term loosely) that they don't like?

I recommend watching the HBO documentary on the lawsuit. I will gladly eat crow if they include it in the film, but the whole incident makes Hogan look like a complete POS.
Don't assume for even a moment I was ever defending Hogan. The trial's outcome was the best possible one. Gawker got destroyed, and Hogan got exposed for the scumbag he is.

Now in regards to your freedom of the press arguement, how would you feel if I owned a blog site called HFocker that made it's living digging up dirt of the members here. Lets say I targeted you and got some people to find out your real name, who you are here, and outed your sexual preferences with maybe some juicy video from a scorned ex or friend that recorded with/without your knowledge?

Would you come after me or respect my freedom of the press? What if others I've gone after on here offered money to help you litigate me? Would you really attempt to stifle my news organization?

Just some food for thought.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I expect this to follow a formulaic biopic, probably similar to a musical biopic structure.

Biggest question is what they're willing to address as the "darker side" that he has to struggle with, and what serves as the redemption arc,especially since he really was an egomaniac his entire life.

They will play off his conversion to the NWO as a real thing lol - That will be "darker side" portion of the movie.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I wonder if they can get Terry Crews to play Booker T?

I doubt Booker T will be in it - its probably going to focus on the Late 70s-early 90s when he left WWF. But with Bischoff producing I can see them dipping into the NWO/WCW days a little bit.

As for the OP, I'm a huge Hogan fan so this is cool. Like him or not, hes one of the most significant people of the 80s and pop culture in general.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He's done well with his roles lately.
Ya I was surprised how much I liked his recent Netflix film Extraction. It supposedly did so well for Netflix they have already ordered a sequel.

Netflix Canada recently added another one of his action flicks, Blackhat. Not as good but still a fun action movie.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ya I was surprised how much I liked his recent Netflix film Extraction. It supposedly did so well for Netflix they have already ordered a sequel.

Netflix Canada recently added another one of his action flicks, Blackhat. Not as good but still a fun action movie.

I actually saw Blackhat in the theater with a friend who is an actual IT security analyst. He was impressed by the credibility of the actual hacking sequences.

Unfortunately, even though Chris was in prison to start the film (and shown working out), he's just miscast as a computer hacker. I've met many computer folks over the years and the vast majority do not look like Chris Hemsworth.

There's a reason they spent most of their life staring at a computer screen. ;)

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Chris Hemsworth? Damn, I was hoping for Danny De Vito.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
There's something kinda funny about the guy who plays Thor having to bulk up for a role.

LOL well he does not keep the Thor physique all the time, in Extraction he is buff but not Thor buff. Then again he is going to be playing a guy known for decades of steroids use sooooo i guess he has to go extra crazy. I wonder if he would actually use steroids for a role.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Are we gonna get a Jesse Ventura cameo?

I really do like Ventura, he seems like such an honest and stand up guy, it's a shame that, according to him, Hogan is a gigantic ass.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Are we gonna get a Jesse Ventura cameo?

I really do like Ventura, he seems like such an honest and stand up guy, it's a shame that, according to him, Hogan is a gigantic ass.

Ventura seems to have problems with a lot of people, which brings to mind the saying that starts with "If everyone around you is..." He's a guy who, when the author that he was suing for defamation was suddenly murdered, changed the defendant to the grieving widow to get money out of her. I, personally, wouldn't trust his character assessments, even if we are talking about Hogan.

Last edited:

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Hogan's whole career makes him look like a complete POS. The number of people he stepped on and screwed over to get his and get some for his friends and cronies is staggering.

I know it won't be hard to craft a movie that makes Hogan look like the genius, all-business, friend-to-all-children god-being he likes to promote himself as whenever he gets the chance (brother), but the shiny veneer of Hulk Hogan's "real life superhero" persona is just barely tacked on over a legacy of being a reprehensible asshat, scheming opportunist, and paranoid and vainglorious egotist.
Some years ago A friend of mine spent a week with him at the Cove in Atlantis. He said he was a great guy. They hung out by the pool together throughout the week and gambled together at night.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Ventura seems to have problems with a lot of people, which brings to mind the saying that starts with "If everyone around you is..." He's a guy who, when the author that he was suing for defamation was suddenly murdered, changed the defendant to the grieving widow to get money out of her. I, personally, wouldn't trust his character assessments, even if we are talking about Hogan.

To me he comes off as overly critical because he calls a spade a spade. But from what I can tell, his heart is in the right place, I presume.

As for the case you listed, I have no knowledge on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00