Chris Durand and Chris Lawrence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frosty

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
where do you think they will go in next years draft? Durand is having an outstanding rookie season but i dont know his strengths and weaknesses and who does he compare? I think Lawrence is very underrated because he is playing behind alot of older players and not getting enough time and next year he could suprise and go in the first round because he has size and skill. thoughts?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
frosty said:
where do you think they will go in next years draft? Durand is having an outstanding rookie season but i dont know his strengths and weaknesses and who does he compare? I think Lawrence is very underrated because he is playing behind alot of older players and not getting enough time and next year he could suprise and go in the first round because he has size and skill. thoughts?

I think both will be top 20 picks in next years draft, Lawrence plays a simular style game to Rick Nash, was very impressive at the U17s this year. So was Durand, Durand is very exciting with great playmaking and strength, I see Durand going around 10 to 15th and Lawrence going from 14th to 20th.

Marc Bruinscheid

Nov 17, 2003
I played against Durand all my life hes a really strong player good size. I'm a goalie and he scored his fair share on me i think he single handedly got me pulled from a game :dunno:

Trot

Dec 4, 2002
Seattle, Wa
Visit site
Durand has been a solid player for Seattle in his rookie season. He's 3rd on the team in scoring, for a team that has underachieved. Has played on the top line most the season, and for good reason. Good hands, uses his size effectively. Now has been moved to the point on the power play, mostly because Seattle has no offensive weapons on defense (especially without Zack FitzGerald, who can at least shoot).

Buannan

Oct 1, 2003
Seattle, Washington
Trot said:
Durand has been a solid player for Seattle in his rookie season. He's 3rd on the team in scoring, for a team that has underachieved. Has played on the top line most the season, and for good reason. Good hands, uses his size effectively. Now has been moved to the point on the power play, mostly because Seattle has no offensive weapons on defense (especially without Zack FitzGerald, who can at least shoot).

I agree. Durand is the best rookie we have and one of the best forwards. He's a quick skater that shoots really well. However, I will also state that Jackson, whom is a defenseman, can shoot too (so we have a whopping two defensemen that can play offense..lol)...give him some time to grow into his body and get some confidence and he'll be another Spiller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad