Confirmed with Link: Chris DiDomenico TRADED for Ville Pokka

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Continues to dismantle the Boucher mafia.

If Pyatt and/or Dumont are sent out in the next 10 days, then I think Guy is gone at the end of the year. Wouldn't have thought that last Friday.

Guy will not be gone.
The Sens have had way two many coaches come and go. This time some "core" players are being moved, and Guy will Start the third year of his contract, and if he does not have the team playing better by US Thanksgiving / Christmas, then I think he's on very thin ice at that time.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Continues to dismantle the Boucher mafia.

If Pyatt and/or Dumont are sent out in the next 10 days, then I think Guy is gone at the end of the year. Wouldn't have thought that last Friday.
Unfortunately Boucher will probably be back, but it does look like Dorion is putting his foot down a little bit as far as the roster goes. We'll see after the deadline if Boucher is really interested in developing youth or if its just more lip service.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Unfortunately Boucher will probably be back, but it does look like Dorion is putting his foot down a little bit as far as the roster goes. We'll see after the deadline if Boucher is really interested in developing youth or if its just more lip service.

White sent down so Dumont can play. Same old Dorion-Boucher mistrust of youth.

Regarding Polkadot, I doubt that he will ever play a game in Ottawa.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Dorion was okay with who GB wanted last yr given that the team was winning last yr. However, this yr is a different story & it's time to move some older guys to make some room for the prospects & get some picks for the upcoming draft or prospects or fill some needs. Regardless that GB & PD are friends, as GM everything has to be re-evaluated in a losing season including the coach. Every team goes through it in a losing season, now it's time to build for next season & the future.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Same old Dorion-Boucher mistrust of youth.

This is honestly getting to a meme-level point where the argument has lost all meaning to me. Any time I read this, it's just background noise. There's not even any accuracy to it anymore... like, not every single time an under-24-year-old isn't playing 20+ minutes a night does it have to be because "Boucher Veterans LOL".

Boucher and Dorion aren't 1920's villains twirling their mustaches while laying down tied-up young hockey players to a set of train tracks and laughing maniacally waiting for some steam engine to run them over before some heroic lumberjack mythic hero comes to save them.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is honestly getting to a meme-level point where the argument has lost all meaning to me. Any time I read this, it's just background noise. There's not even any accuracy to it anymore... like, not every single time an under-24-year-old isn't playing 20+ minutes a night does it have to be because "Boucher Veterans LOL".

Boucher and Dorion aren't 1920's villains twirling their mustaches while laying down tied-up young hockey players to a set of train tracks and laughing maniacally waiting for some steam engine to run them over before some heroic lumberjack mythic hero comes to save them.

Can we get that image with the meme. That would be awesome. Not everyone is feeling positive about this team :laugh: and some of the decisions that have been made this year. People will be critical and express that criticism here. When things are going well we get it with asset management criticizing 5th round picks for goalies that had just been claimed on waivers a couple months previously ; we get it when trades are made and we get it when roster decisions are made.. There is a lot of it; not all of it unfounded. It gets exaggerated but people are going to vent

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Its probably too harsh in general, but Boucher seems to have no problem letting his favorite veterans sink, drown, come back to life, sink, then drown again, and then they're promoted to the top line to try to get them going. I just want to see more of that sink or swim type handling of the kids too. There's no one right way to do things, but I like giving them a little rope to make some mistakes in meaningless games, at least post deadline anyways.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Good for Dido, he got to play in the NHL playoffs, he has a Sens, Tampa and Chicago jersey.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

I don't know if Boucher is back, my guess is Luke Richardson gets the job.

It really comes down to what EK wants this summer with his contract, if EK wants a new coach, Ottawa gets a new coach,

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Crazy year for Dido. He’s been all over the place. Life as a pro athlete I guess, but it’s still gotta be rough to move around that much.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Crazy year for Dido. He’s been all over the place. Life as a pro athlete I guess, but it’s still gotta be rough to move around that much.

...especially when he's basically fighting for his hockey life. Hard for the guy to earn a new contract for next year when he can't even unpack his suitcase for most of the season.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

It really comes down to what EK wants this summer with his contract, if EK wants a new coach, Ottawa gets a new coach,

that's a very dangerous precedent in any sport with any athlete

I've no idea if Boucher is back next year obviously but if a bunch of guys have an issue with him then I'd expect changes. if it is just EK and it's the old me or him routine I'd trade EK. And I wouldn't do it for any love of Boucher, I'd do it because you can't have one guy running the team. Star and coach need to get along for sure but if the star is on an island on his own....I'd go with the coach.

but I think that if EK wants him gone....as team captain I'd expect that is the general feeling in the room and that as Captain he would present a list of issues the players have with the coach.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Another inexperienced, cheap coach. That should go over well around here.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

To your last paragraph. Where’s the proof they aren’t ?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
that's a very dangerous precedent in any sport with any athlete

I've no idea if Boucher is back next year obviously but if a bunch of guys have an issue with him then I'd expect changes. if it is just EK and it's the old me or him routine I'd trade EK. And I wouldn't do it for any love of Boucher, I'd do it because you can't have one guy running the team. Star and coach need to get along for sure but if the star is on an island on his own....I'd go with the coach.

but I think that if EK wants him gone....as team captain I'd expect that is the general feeling in the room and that as Captain he would present a list of issues the players have with the coach.
It’s more normal than you think. The stars run the teams. In all sports.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sounds like Pokka had a good game last night in Belleville.
Moved the puck well and was good on the point and showed a quick hard shot. He and Chlapik were on the points on the PP. Good addition to the BSens

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Sounds like Pokka had a good game last night in Belleville.
Moved the puck well and was good on the point and showed a quick hard shot. He and Chlapik were on the points on the PP. Good addition to the BSens

Not to kick a franchise when their down, but hasn’t Dorion being saying for 3 straight years that they are building a solid AHL team to help the growth of the young players only to have them gong out every year?

Kind of like what we have here in Ottawa. Murray set out 10 years ago to build a Playoff team, 10 years later it’s the exact same plan

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not to kick a franchise when their down, but hasn’t Dorion being saying for 3 straight years that they are building a solid AHL team to help the growth of the young players only to have them gong out every year?

Kind of like what we have here in Ottawa. Murray set out 10 years ago to build a Playoff team, 10 years later it’s the exact same plan

Another example of where Pierre Dorion may be stretched too thin and needs some help... I am not a PD fan, but one guy can only do so much. I do not think his focus has been in the farm team.. I do not know for sure. I'd like to see him get some progressive help with that. I do not think Randy Lee is the guy. I think he favors the Blundens of the AHL hockey world too much. I think the sens miss opportunities by being such a thin organization.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad