Confirmed with Link: Chris DiDomenico TRADED for Ville Pokka

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
this is a really good deal. Pokka is ~.5ppg on a low scoring rockford team. young rhd, lots of potential still just couldn't crack into the blackhawks blueline

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Nice trade. Pokka was considered a pretty good prospect for a while, he hasn't progressed as expected but there might still be hope for a bottom pair DMan.

Reactions: aragorn

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It is significant that he is a RHD. Wideman is a UFA, potentially could be gone. Jaros is the only other RD who is anywhere close to the NHL in our system.

CHI gets a waiver cleared Didomenico, which has added value. More beneficial than just claiming him. It also means they don't add an extra contract when they are already at 47.

I find it funny that Dorion is now trading away a bunch of Guy Boucher's children. Thompson, now Didomenico. Dumont, you're next.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
I know nothing about Ville Pokka but at first glance his stats are pretty good in the AHL for a Dman and he's still only 23 years old. Could be a decent reclamation prospect.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
the-polka-king-movie-cast-plot-wiki-trailer.jpg

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I actually really liked DiDo this year and I'd venture to say he's been one of our best 9-10 forwards this year. That being said, I applaud the effort to try to get younger, and although I admittedly know next to nothing about Pokka he seems like a decent reclamation project based on box stats and draft position.

Reactions: NB613 and sharkhawk

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Out of town report:

Pokka was a bit of an odd one for us, as he was essentially what we got in return from the Isles for the Leddy trade. So there was always a lot of hope for him to crack the roster and have an impact for us in the Indian Head. And yet despite some readily apparent deficiencies on the blue line the past couple of years, nothing really came of it for us.

Honestly not sure if it was a player or an organization thing with him. Hope he works out for you guys.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I will miss Dido, but don't know anything about Polkadot and like what people are saying about him.

On a side note it annoys me that it is once again Chicago getting players I like. Makes me hate them more .

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Out of town report:

Pokka was a bit of an odd one for us, as he was essentially what we got in return from the Isles for the Leddy trade. So there was always a lot of hope for him to crack the roster and have an impact for us in the Indian Head. And yet despite some readily apparent deficiencies on the blue line the past couple of years, nothing really came of it for us.

Honestly not sure if it was a player or an organization thing with him. Hope he works out for you guys.

Thanks for the report. So, from what I'm getting, Pokka was never given the chance to show if he can play at the NHL level or is it a case of him being given the chance but not being able to establish himself?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad