Recalled/Assigned: Chris Conner recalled 11/1

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Sounds like couldn't call up Cousins cause of cap space ?
I guess Couts isn't ready for the road trip, he must be quite serious.

Insane we have so many unmoveable players we can't even recall our best prospects to ice a team.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think Colin McDonald might have been the first guy called up, but he got hurt in the first Phantoms game.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Conner has looked good for the Phantoms. His line with Cousins and (mostly) Martel are driving the teams offense.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Good. Vinny looked absolutely terrible and was useless in every aspect of the game. He's proven he can't be a top line player and now he's proven he can't be a bottom line player.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
God fit for the 4 th line ? I know better than Vinny, but is he responsible defensively ?

Not the prototype , but if you can skate, you can fit in like Wellwood did. Haven't seen enough to give a detailed scouting report, but he's blown by a handful of AHL defensemen this year. Not that I see him doing it in the NHL, but that's what I've noticed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like couldn't call up Cousins cause of cap space ?
I guess Couts isn't ready for the road trip, he must be quite serious.

Insane we have so many unmoveable players we can't even recall our best prospects to ice a team.

Cousins might be hurt, he isn't playing today.

R3M1N1SC3

Feb 19, 2012
It doesn't even make sense that they dressed Vinny. There is no point to play a guy if he can only give you 6-7 minutes a night. That's just crazy. Not to mention, he in NO WAY fits the bill of a 4th liner.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It doesn't even make sense that they dressed Vinny. There is no point to play a guy if he can only give you 6-7 minutes a night. That's just crazy. Not to mention, he in NO WAY fits the bill of a 4th liner.
I'm pretty sure he only played because Hakstol didn't want to play with 11 forwards in back to back games and they were probably hoping that Couturier would be back for the trip.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did Couturier have a set back? Why re-call Connor if Couts was close to returning?

To have an extra body on the road trip. If you lose someone else before he comes back, you're short on forwards.

Which isn't egregiously awful, I'm not against playing 7 D, but they aren't it seems.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota

To be totally fair we must keep in mind that the Flyers were on the PK quite a bit during those two Games -- as well as prior -- Being tha Vinny does not kill penalties while his linemates do, it only makes sense that he would play so little... FWIW, had the Team been more disciplined, Vinny would have had more ice-time.

That is not a defense of VL... that is an reasonable observational assumption that should not be ignored.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
The best I can find is Cousins making 317k more and space of 670k. I asked figuring someone had more detailed info than what I'm able to find.

I'm sure that the Flyers would love to Bank as much Cap as they can... and, especially with a 4th Line Player who will not be playing very much, it seems to make sense to me to go with a lower Cap Hit... and also allow projected higher line and better Prospects to play more minutes in all situations in the AHL. JMO

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Did Couturier have a set back? Why re-call Connor if Couts was close to returning?

Because they can't know for sure when Couturier will be ready, and they don't want to rush him.

Every head injury is different, but for the sake of comparison Laughton missed three weeks with his concussion last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->