Prospect Info: Chris Brown (2014, 151st) – '18-19: Boston College #10 (NCAA)

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
As we go through our prospect polls, and I just reevaluated my rankings, wanted to give a bump for Christopher Brown. A prospect that has been totally flying under the radar but yet may still make a solid pro. Despite being drafted 2014 he's still just on the young side of 21. After a year in the USHL he had a decent freshman season at BC followed by .75 points per game last year, which is real solid production in the NCAA, especially for a freshman. He's probably a solid junior season as the captain away from earning a contract, or who knows maybe we have another Cal Petersen situation on our hands. :laugh:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Agreed.

First time that has ever happened. :laugh:

Best to keep it that way, or this thread might get overrun with the "OMG He's going to use the loophole that's actually a feature but I'm gonna call it a loophole anyways and go to free agency and sign with Rangers/Bruins/Blackhawks/insert other big market team and we should never pick NCAA players ever!" posts.

Reactions: Husko

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Non-factor in BC's 4-3 OT win at Providence on Sunday. Nothing of note to gif in either zone. First plus was the result of linemate work, while second plus (and assist) looked like a botched skate-to-stick attempt that fell favorably to Fitzgerald on the winner. He may have got whistled for goalie interference if Fitzgerald hadn't put it past Hawkey, as Brown bumped him in the crease.

Reactions: Chainshot

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BCHockey -
#BCEagles to the power play 4:37 into regulation - Judd Peterson off for a slash.
Casey Fitzgerald stays hot and provides Logan Hutsko with a great pass through the slot for Logan Hutsko's first-career power play goal. McPhee with the second assist.
Captain Brownie! 2-0, #BCEagles!
Christopher Brown's first goal of the season came with help from David Cotton/Jake Tortora at 4:10 of the second period.
Kevin Fitzgerald knocks in a loose rebound after Jimmy Schuldt blasts one into Edquist's chest. 2-1 BC.
Jack Poehling gathers Judd Peterson's rebound and sticks it past Eddy to knot it up, 2-2. 7:50 to play in the second period.
#BCEagles head to the penalty kill for third time. Casey Fitzgerald gets called for a trip with 5:01 to go in the second. 2-2.
Will Borgen gets whacked with a boarding call - big power play for the #BCEagles with 2:51 to go in the second period.
40 seconds into the 3rd and the #BCEagles get their third chance on the power play after Will Borgen takes his second infraction of the night.
First power play goal given up this year. Jack Ahcan scores with 12:42 to go.
Huskies grab their first lead of the game - 3-2.
Robby Jackson makes it 4-2, but the goal is under review.
Goal stands. St. Cloud nets its second power play goal of the night. 4-2 Huskies with 6:38 to play.
Nick Poehling adds the empty netter. That'll do it on the front end. 5-2 Huskies win.

Kris Baker‏ @SabresProspects -
Reigning Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week Casey Fitzgerald has an assist as BC leads SCSU 1-0 End 1st.
That's his fourth point in four games played.
Christopher Brown scores his first goal of the season. BC now leads SCSU 2-0 in the 2nd.
Will Borgen (first SCS goal) and Judd Peterson (second SCS goal) draw the assists on the St. Cloud State goals that have them now tied at 2 with Boston College in the 2nd.
He’s a mobile, defensive defenseman, but worth noting that Will Borgen’s two-assist effort tonight was the fourth multi-point game of his NCAA career. He skate well and will get modest point totals as a pro, but his eval is all about what he does in defensive zone. Plenty to like in that regard.

@SCSUHUSKIES_MH -
Penalty, SCSU. Eagles get the game's first power play as Peterson is called for slashing | P1 15:23 #scsuhky
GOAL, BC: With 28 seconds left, Hutsko capitalizes on the Eagles' power play with a tip in front. | P1 13:51 | #scsuhky 0 BC 1. (LaxSabre - Fitzgerald with the pass to Hutsko.)
Huskies to the POWER PLAY! BC's Brown is sent off for tripping | P1 9:02 #scsuhky
BC scores their second of the night... Goal by Brown... 2-0 BC with 15:50 left in the second.
Oh man. Judd sets up Wahlin off the left hash, but the shot stays on the line. | P2 14:47 #scsuhky
GOAL HUSKIES!! Schuldt with a great shot that sat behind BC's goalie - Fitzgerald puts her home!!!
Kevin Fitzgerald's first brings the Huskies within one! P2 9:12 | #scsuhky 1 BC 2.
(LaxSabre - Borgen with a assist.)
GOAL HUSKIES!! JACK POEHLING TIES IT UP!! - @jackpoehling3! P2 7:50 | #scsuhky 2 BC 2.
(LaxSabre - Peterson with a assist.)
Back to the power play we go! Fitzgerald to the box for tripping.
Penalty to SCSU. Borgen is whistled for holding. BC's power play (1-for-2) goes to work. | P3 19:20 #scsuhky
GOAL JACK AHCAN!!!!!!! Huskies lead 3-2! @A03Jack with a laser from the point for the lead! P3 12:42 | #scsuhky 3 BC 2.
Good News: Robby Jackson appears to give the Huskies a two goal lead.
Bad News: Officials are going to look at it. l P3 6:38 #scsuhky
We have a good goal from @RobbyJackson23! P3 6:38 l #scsuhky 4 BC 2.
And a @npoehling empty netter for good measure! P3 0:30.1 | #scsuhky 5 BC 2.
HUSKIES WIN! No. 2/3 SCSU rattles off five unanswered to down No. 13 BC. @A03Jack with the GWG.

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Brown was +1 with a goal, one tripping minor, and 5 SOG in BC's 5-2 loss at SCSU on Friday night. His gifs below start with getting behind the defense and drawing a power play:

First shot came from the right circle on a counter:

His tripping penalty:

Second shot was harmless from the perimeter:

His goal came on his third shot, as he lost Borgen to pot the rebound:

Fourth shot was another from the perimeter, while his last and fifth was a high-danger chance:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Another seemingly non-factor game from Brown, as BC lost 3-1 to SCSU. He didn't register his 2 SOG until the goalie was pulled for the extra attacker late. Not pictured is the desperate sharp-angle perimeter shot, while his first was this rebound chance:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Friday night, minus 2 with 2 first period shots and 7-16 at the dot. The frosh came through to win BC the game.

Last night's game, he scores the fourth goal in this highlight reel:

If you want to watch last night's game, there is a cached feed here: Vermont - Portal

Brown was 1-1-2 with 3 shots and 4-12 at the dot on the evening.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anyone following him this year? His production has regressed. I wonder if he gets a contract at year's end.

I've seen a couple of BC games but nothing in about 6 weeks. Cotton and Mattila co-lead the team with 18 points, but they have 9 guys with more than 10 points each (including Fitzgerald). They had a pretty poor stretch results wise too, which isn't helping. Sort of a poor-man's SCSC, they come at opponents in waves. But they don't really stand out as having a dynamic offense from what I've seen.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Given the need for roster bodies in the minors, I would imagine that helps Brown's case to at least get an ATO after his season. He does a bit of everything, but he's clearly a support scorer for BC and not a self-made needle mover. Still not sure he gets something longer term, would love to be a fly on the wall regarding the evaluation of Brown internally.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Given the need for roster bodies in the minors, I would imagine that helps Brown's case to at least get an ATO after his season. He does a bit of everything, but he's clearly a support scorer for BC and not a self-made needle mover. Still not sure he gets something longer term, would love to be a fly on the wall regarding the evaluation of Brown internally.
He's only a junior.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
It’s easy to envision to sort of role he could develop into filling at the NHL level: speedy depth scorer that can play in your bottom six, chip in some offense, be responsible defensively, and play a fast and somewhat chippy game. Also obviously helps his cause that he can play center. Hopefully he gets there, he’s been a favorite under the radar prospect of mine for some time.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Well it all depends if the Sabres offer a pro contract, right? If there’s one offered he’d be foolish not to jump on it.
In what sense? In that he could get injured and lose the opportunity? I suppose. In a financial sense? I'm not so sure about that. Not only was his dad a longtime NHL player, his mother is a Mara (as in New York Giants).

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
In what sense? In that he could get injured and lose the opportunity? I suppose. In a financial sense? I'm not so sure about that. Not only was his dad a longtime NHL player, his mother is a Mara (as in New York Giants).
Well he could suck his entire senior se was on and not be offered another shot. That’s certainly within the realm of possibility. He’s a borderline worth a contract guy. What could he achieve by going back another season f he has a contract in hand right now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->