Chris Bourque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
The last I heard was good news for both Bourque and Ovechkin. Early February returns are expected for both and no going under the knife for either guy. :handclap:

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
Can someone give us a scouting report of Bourque? it will be very appreciated.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Bourque has a ton of skill and desire. But he's very small compared to average NHL forwards. Bourque is listed from 5'7" to 5'9". He'll have to dominate in college before he'll get a shot in the NHL.

He played really well at the WJC with the exception of one matador defensive play behind the net which led to a goal against. He spent some time on the bench after that one.

He does everything well. It's just a matter of if he can avoid getting creamed playing against big guys. He'll have to hit the weight room and get a black belt in karate IMO. The play where he was hurt he laid a big hit on the opposing team's d-man. But that D man was much bigger than Chris and he fell awkwardly on Chris' leg. Chris just doesn't have the size and strength to hit guys like that.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Very impressed with his game at the WJCs. Plays exactly the way a smaller player has to play in order to make it in the NHL- fearless.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
The general book on the kid is that, along with being on the small side, he lacks breakaway speed, something the little guys usually need. But, in the games I've seen (not too many), Bourque shows an uncanny knack for reading the play, especially from an offensive standpoint, is calm under pressure and, as a freshman, is BU's powerplay anchor. The Terriers wilted on special teams without him tonight vs. BC. Most of their guys play in a frenzy of quickness and keep up with themselves skill-wise. Bourque is fast enough to look faster than he is because his hand-eye is a lot like his father's.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i wasn't terribly impressed with him overall at the WJC's

his first game was pretty good but he wasn't that great after that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad