chris bourque tonite vs DU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
borro said:
I do not spread misinformation.

That's because nobody (well, except Erocaps maybe) takes you seriously. But you do however share how uninformed you are pretty much everytime you hit the submit button.

It kind of works like VDs. You can't spread them if you're a drooling, 700 pound lepper.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
borro said:
Yeah and how many of these were second round talents? Bourque is doing just fine thanks!

No, many more of them were TAKEN out of the later rounds...

*shrugs* Let's see how he transit to the AHL then to the NHL all right?

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
For what it's worth I have seen Bourque only once with Boston and pound for pound, he is a physically strong player. All around, he has that gift a little like his father, who did everything with some power. He scored on his wrist shot from pretty far out and there was a lot in this shot. He throws his body and seems enthusiastic.

However, I thought he was running around a little too much and seemed to lack discipline big time. He also doesn't appear to have the poise of his old man by a longshot. He made some weird plays that could have cost his team. I had heard he was a great playmaker but I didn't see that that night. He was a precise passer with decent hockey sense. Didn't make things happen on that front.

He has a lot of drive and he tried to make a difference in the game. Good determination in the offense zone. Was subpar defensively.

With his size and lack of poise, he will need to be extra smart to make it and develop a lot more discipline. A player at that size with those faults is a definite longshot. Very risky. Fortunately, he benefits from his old man who seems to give him input.

He's better than I expected but was taken too early, IMO. He can most probably thank his last name for it. If he makes it, he's going to be fun to watch.

devildan

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
borro said:
Maybe you should be too lazy to speak before engaging your brain...
So you think Macarthur is a better prospect? So 30 GM's who see these guys multiple times are less capable than your admittedly biased opinion? Just tell us, did Bourque steal your girlfriend? Did some other guy pick him for Nintendo 2010? Did he refuse to give you his stick at a game you were at? Just why are you so down on Bourque?

You asked which other second round picks had more than 3 goals, not which was the better talent...

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
we should wait and see how well borro can transfer his skill to the international board.. until then, it's still a toss up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad