Choose your playoff opponent

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
Definitely the Pens. We can take them. And I don't know about the next round, but I kinda want to face the Hawks in the final round because they can't seem to beat us, so there you go!

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I give them even odds against everyone. Perhaps slight dogs to MTL and NYR.

I'm picking NYI Bc it would be nice to get a new opponent and Id love a Pitt flame out.

happycap

Apr 14, 2009
My fantasy cup run goes through these teams for the posted reasons

PIT (lols) --> BOS(not very nice fans) --> NYR (annoying fans) --> ANH (BB)

Last edited:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Never will go this route again. There is no one opponent I would like over another. Not one.

Every year in the past when I felt like I wanted a certain opponent ..well I've gotten what I asked for.

Vladiator16*

Never will go this route again. There is no one opponent I would like over another. Not one.

Every year in the past when I felt like I wanted a certain opponent ..well I've gotten what I asked for.

Same here... There is a reason they say: "Be careful what you wish for..."

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Same here... There is a reason they say: "Be careful what you wish for..."

Yep. Terrible bad karma will come your way if you ever find yourself happy that you face one opponent or another especially when you celebrate when said team clinches victory prior to playing your team.

2011. Tampa came back and beat Pitt in 7 games!! Much rejoicing. 4 games later? Not so much.

85-86. Yes the 78pt Rags beat the hated 110 pt Flyers!!...6 games later...crap....

Same in 87-88. We struggled vs the Isles all year and pretty much had dominated the Devils since they became the Devils. Including that year. Devs beat the Isles! YES!!!!!....7 games later....I hate Schoenfeld and Burke..

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I don't really care which team we match up the worst against, I just want the most exciting series possible. And that would mean Pittsburgh.

4 matchups against the Rags in the Ovechkin era has made me not want to see them in the playoffs ever again. I'm just tired of them.

Rangers fan here, just happened to get here somehow. Lol. Don't fear those Pens, (not this year anyway) Caps fans. From the outside looking in......Caps got that covered.... You guys are playing a MUCH better all around game. Pens hurting, and actually they suck. Fleury the only one that kept them half way decent. He's bushed now. Lol. I'd LOVE to play them 1st round.

As that Rangers fan, I don't fear any team with the way Sather has constructed us (getting Yandle was just like "getting a Christmas present" in advance for what you are "supposed to accomplish". Anyway, to finish...you guys would be the last one I'd like to play....... no fear dudes!

BOLD.......Ditto with the majority of Rangers fans.....just saying.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yep. Terrible bad karma will come your way if you ever find yourself happy that you face one opponent or another especially when you celebrate when said team clinches victory prior to playing your team.

2011. Tampa came back and beat Pitt in 7 games!! Much rejoicing. 4 games later? Not so much.

85-86. Yes the 78pt Rags beat the hated 110 pt Flyers!!...6 games later...crap....

Same in 87-88. We struggled vs the Isles all year and pretty much had dominated the Devils since they became the Devils. Including that year. Devs beat the Isles! YES!!!!!....7 games later....I hate Schoenfeld and Burke..

Probably one of the biggest upsets ever. Jeez, good memory.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Probably one of the biggest upsets ever. Jeez, good memory.

Well that 78pt team beating the 107pt team in the next round wasn't far behind either...

Fact is I'll never want to pick one opponent over the other and if I ever start thinking that I quickly try to put the squash on it. I yell the thoughts out of my head.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
so its either caps vs isles or caps vs pens: lets break down how we get one of the two

If isles win friday, its caps vs isles in playoffs. then comes down to Saturday for home ice

If pens beat isles on friday, isles beat blue jackets and pens beat sabres on saturday, they both would have same points and same ROW but isles win next tiebreaker so again its caps vs isles. (with washington having home ice)

if isles lose both and pens win both, its caps pens (with caps home ice)

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
so its either caps vs isles or caps vs pens: lets break down how we get one of the two

If isles win friday, its caps vs isles in playoffs. then comes down to Saturday for home ice

If pens beat isles on friday, isles beat blue jackets and pens beat sabres on saturday, they both would have same points and same ROW but isles win next tiebreaker so again its caps vs isles. (with washington having home ice)

if isles lose both and pens win both, its caps pens (with caps home ice)

Thank you for that. I've been trying to wrap my head around this (but not really trying that hard).

So it's almost certainly the Islanders.

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
I'm fine with whatever happens

Ideally I don't have to sit through another Rangers Caps series though

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I've been calling it all year, its Rangers or Caps in ECF. I say Ducks or Wild in West.

hoping for Ducks/Caps finals.

I believe we play the winner of the Rangers-WC2 series if we advance so no Rags-Caps ECF if I'm not mistaken...

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
You're correct, I really meant out of the east not the east finals. I was wrong for saying it that way.

No worries, the playoff seeding and tiebreakers etc are a little bit wonky post realignment so I'm still sorting most of it out too.

It's almost destiny that the Caps must go through NY most likely to get to the third round and release themselves from the Ovechkin Years Bugaboo. One day we'll stare down all our demons...why not make this our year? This looks to be the most playoff ready team in the Ovechkin era, and if we do ultimately lose I'd bet it'll be for reasons we don't expect like the PP goes ice cold or Holtby becomes a sieve. At least that's how it always seems to happen.

Anyways I'm already pretty proud of this bunch and hope they at least don't choke and go down like men fighting together to the bitter end if they have to go down at all...against...whoever. I just want to play whoever we happen to beat in any order.

It's funny how sports works too. Pittsburg might be a great matchup for us round 1 but a terrible one round 3. All these teams have ebbs and flows...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad