Recalled/Assigned: Cholowski to GR

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Don't agree with this, but whatever.

I would have liked to get a look at Cholo and Lindstrom on the third pairing. I know that is trusting two young guys, but I would rather see that experiment than force Lindstrom to play another second with freaking Daley.

I guess Bowey is alright with this news.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I dont like this, I mean it cant hurt his developement but at the same time, i'd rather have him in the lineup than Bowey or Daley.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I feel like Bowey and Daley will draw in as much as possible now until the TDL. I am not a fan of the move but if the idea is to showcase those two, whatever.

Reactions: RedMenace

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Next season folks Daley, Ericsson, Green, Biega, Perlini, maybe Erne, and Howard will be gone. There will hopefully a buyout of either Abby or Nielsen. Our D will hopefully look something like this Dekeyser, Nemeth, Hronek, Seider,Krug, Lindstrom and Cholowski or maybe another in a trade or a lower priced UFA. We also will need to address a goalie through trade or UFA. I do hope Dennis can turn it around.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
How would right now be a good time to trade him?

It’s not.
I hope this is just being done so the vets can be showcased over the next month with the TDL coming (though they may not be a good thing lol).

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
There's no way Cholo deserves it over Bowey.
The results speak for themselves.

Cholowski 0-1-1 at 5 on 5 in 524 minutes.
Bowey 3-11-14 in 669 minutes.
Hronek 4-8-12 in 918 minutes.
Daley 0-4-4 in 428 minutes.

You can make a case for Cholo over Biega (0-1-1 in 467 minutes). But that's about it.

At some point, Cholo has to show us something - anything - that says "I have some ability."

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Defence historically always take longer to groom. Give him time my dear friends, give him time.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Defence historically always take longer to groom. Give him time my dear friends, give him time.

The time isn't short yet.
But by January of 2021... A year from now or so, the ticking of the clock will start to get loud.
I supposed the positive aspect of this is that the Red Wings can afford to live with mistakes for the foreseeable future.
There's no reason to bench Cholo like Babcock did with Kindl or whoever. We're not going to lose a playoff series because of Cholo.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
There's no way Cholo deserves it over Bowey.
The results speak for themselves.

Cholowski 0-1-1 at 5 on 5 in 524 minutes.
Bowey 3-11-14 in 669 minutes.
Hronek 4-8-12 in 918 minutes.
Daley 0-4-4 in 428 minutes.

You can make a case for Cholo over Biega (0-1-1 in 467 minutes). But that's about it.

At some point, Cholo has to show us something - anything - that says "I have some ability."

Bowey is a train wreck who has not improved a lick since getting here. Cholo has actually been a lot better defensively his last 4 games and should absolutely be given a large chance over Bowey. Points alone show nothing, as both Bowey and Daley are ridiculously bad in our zone (hello up the middle pass Daley)! Hey teams want to tie up the game, Daley will tee you up the middle with perfection just get ready!

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Bowey is a train wreck who has not improved a lick since getting here. Cholo has actually been a lot better defensively his last 4 games and should absolutely be given a large chance over Bowey. Points alone show nothing, as both Bowey and Daley are ridiculously bad in our zone (hello up the middle pass Daley)! Hey teams want to tie up the game, Daley will tee you up the middle with perfection just get ready!
Bowey looks like a trainwreck at times and is the good kind of unnoticeable the rest. He's been logging minutes way over his head too and doing a decent job at it, especially lately. I think he's been doing exactly what we want Cholo to do. Get some time to settle in, learn, grow.

Bowey is kind of a bright spot personnel wise this season. Surprisingly, because he was pretty bad early on and still has a brain fart now and then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->