Choking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlon66

Sep 8, 2009
the Mecca of Hockey
I didn't make this thread just about the Boston series but the last 20 years of Penguins playoff history. 3 cups is great but having the undisputed best player for a majority of those years and a lot of times the 2 best players, winning "only" 3 cups doesn't sit very well with me.

I agree with you exactly!!! It is disappointing

Homebrew76

Apr 13, 2010
NB, Canada
I didn't make this thread just about the Boston series but the last 20 years of Penguins playoff history. 3 cups is great but having the undisputed best player for a majority of those years and a lot of times the 2 best players, winning "only" 3 cups doesn't sit very well with me.

Disappointing for sure. I can certianly empathize. That being said, look at the Lightening this year. The top 2 scorers in the entire league on one team and they don't even make the playoffs.

Obviously high point totals are great, but unless those points are accompanied by strong defensive play the title "Undisputed Best Player" might be considered somewhat of an exaggeration.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
More than choking (let's face it: Boston is a good team with a great goalie right now), I wonder sometimes if the "hockey Gods" phenomenon exists. Series like this make me wonder even though I'm not a superstitious person generally.

i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad