CHL trade rumors

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Yes, it's over. They never ended up moving him (Paradis). I'm guessing the right deal never presented itself to PEI. The big name that got traded today was Philip-Michael Devos from Victoriaville to Gatineau. I wouldn't be surprised if Gatineau is now powerful enough to battle with the likes of Saint John and Montréal. Corbeil as you mentioned was a really big pickup for Saint John in my opinion. The kid has been stuck behind a young Halifax team the last few seasons and I think he's gonna jump at the opportunity to netmind for Saint John. Saint John is going to be tough to beat with their strong back end, now with Gelinas and Corbeil in the mix.

-Corbeil deal is not only good for this year but also good for next year as the dogs will be one again in memorial cup contender and could host it. Corbeil is a late 91 so he would be an overagers next year and the seadogs dont have many overagers candidate for next year. This year Corbeil likely to share the work load with former Brandon netminder Deserres.

-i was shock when i heard Gatineau got P-M Devos. big time acquisition. they should also get Hubert Labrie back at some point. their captain has been out all year with a knee injury

-some solid move by Montreal. Hertzberg, Poulliot and Lemieux.

-Lewiston not making any move was the biggest surprise of the deadline imo.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
as per OHL

- Windsor has decided to remain contending and buyers, they are not shipping Ellis or Kassian. They acquired 2 players from Sarnia today, forget who.

- Same goes for Oshawa, they acquired Peter DiSalvo couple weeks ago, they remain buyers and will not trade de Haan

- Prout and Carnevale appear to be a packaged deal, hopefully they land in Mississauga as we need an Overager and another center

- Teams selling include Pertebrough, Barrie, Sudbury, London, Erie and SSM

- Key players still available are Folgino (SBY), Mike Lomas (SBY), Eric O'Dell (SBY), Colin Martin (LDN), Michael D'Orazio (LDN), Stephen Sanza (LDN), Prout and Carnevale from Barrie.

Go Majors!

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
It was Brent Sullivan and John Cullen from Sarnia to Windsor for Passingham and a pick.

Windsor also traded Steven Trojanoivc to Peterborough for Adrian Robertson and a pick.

Found both trades here.

HemskyToHall*

Schenn and Hamilton?

mindblown.jpg

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
OHL Deadline is January 10th at 6pm.

Other OHL names that have been flying around the rumours are:

Prout and Carnevale in Barrie - Destination; Anyones guess. Carnevale has a no trade and has already declined a trade to Saginaw. He has 6 teams which he would wiave for.

Eric O'Dell and Marcus Foligno in Sudbury - Rumour is Saginaw has a package of Ryan O'Connor and some Kea 16 year old on the table.

Brett Thompson in SOO - all though not as big name as the rest, would make a great addition to most teams.

I'm sure there are more, thats just all I can think of.

How the heck do you get a NTC in major junior?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
as per OHL

- Windsor has decided to remain contending and buyers, they are not shipping Ellis or Kassian. They acquired 2 players from Sarnia today, forget who.

- Same goes for Oshawa, they acquired Peter DiSalvo couple weeks ago, they remain buyers and will not trade de Haan

- Prout and Carnevale appear to be a packaged deal, hopefully they land in Mississauga as we need an Overager and another center

- Teams selling include Pertebrough, Barrie, Sudbury, London, Erie and SSM

- Key players still available are Folgino (SBY), Mike Lomas (SBY), Eric O'Dell (SBY), Colin Martin (LDN), Michael D'Orazio (LDN), Stephen Sanza (LDN), Prout and Carnevale from Barrie.

Go Majors!

Carnavale is rumoured to be on his way to Niagara for Mercer and a 2nd.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
I would love for the Majors to get Foligno.

As would I, he'd be perfect for their Memorial Cup run. Unfortunately I think Windsor is looking at him as well.

Carnavale is rumoured to be on his way to Niagara for Mercer and a 2nd.

That'd be an awful trade for Niagara, IMO. But I also don't think they should be buyers at all this year, but that's what Marty Williamson does.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
As would I, he'd be perfect for their Memorial Cup run. Unfortunately I think Windsor is looking at him as well.

That'd be an awful trade for Niagara, IMO. But I also don't think they should be buyers at all this year, but that's what Marty Williamson does.

I Disagree. Carnevale will be there next season aswell, and Mercer is a big step below Hamilton and Graham. Their top pairing is set for next season, so they can fill Mercer's depth role in other places.

The team also still has several extra draftpicks that they can trade next season.

We need to have the best offense in the OHL if we want a shot at beating the Majors... Strome, Agozzino, Friesen, Carnevale, F. Hamilton, Shipley, Pacan, Archibald and Wilson... that will be the most dangerous top 9 in the OHL.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
I Disagree. Carnevale will be there next season aswell, and Mercer is a big step below Hamilton and Graham. Their top pairing is set for next season, so they can fill Mercer's depth role in other places.

The team also still has several extra draftpicks that they can trade next season.

We need to have the best offense in the OHL if we want a shot at beating the Majors... Strome, Agozzino, Friesen, Carnevale, F. Hamilton, Shipley, Pacan, Archibald and Wilson... that will be the most dangerous top 9 in the OHL.

First off, I was never a fan of the Mercer pick, I thought there were tons of better options on the board. But trading him halfway through the season makes the pick even worse, IMO.

Next, there's a lot of depth there on that offense, I agree. But it won't be the best offense in the league, even with Carnevale. Teams like OTT, WIN, SAG, KIT aren't as deep, but have more dynamic high end talent, IMO.

Lastly, the Majors won't be beat. Especially not by someone in the East not named Ottawa. Niagara should have waited until next year or even the year after it to really make a push for it, IMO. But that's just not how Williamson is programmed.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
It really isn't the powerplay that is the problem....it is goal scoring in general on the road.
The team is night and day different offensively on the road.
Home- 4.58 goals per game
Away- 3.05 goals per game

Their powerplay at home is pretty good....top 10 in the league....9 I believe.
It is on the road where they drop to 21st in the league....out of 22 teams.

They are an excellent team but their play on the road is a huge drop off from their play at home.
They actually have the biggest drop in home/away winning percentage of any club in the WHL. A massive swing of .302 ..........worst in the WHL

Only 2 teams in all of the CHL....60 teams (QMJHL, OHL, WHL) have worse road drop offs -
K. Rangers at .368
N. IceDogs at .305

That's because their home winning percentage is so high buddy.

Saskatoon is 17-1-0-1 on home ice this season for a .921 win%.
The 2nd closest is .833.

Obviously their will be a VERY big drop off when comparing that to ANY road record.

And it's not like their road record is bad. They are now 14-8 away from Saskatoon for a .636 win%. That number is also HIGHEST in the league.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
That's because their home winning percentage is so high buddy.

Saskatoon is 17-1-0-1 on home ice this season for a .921 win%.
The 2nd closest is .833.

Obviously their will be a VERY big drop off when comparing that to ANY road record.

And it's not like their road record is bad. They are now 14-8 away from Saskatoon for a .636 win%. That number is also HIGHEST in the league.

That is one way of looking at it.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
First off, I was never a fan of the Mercer pick, I thought there were tons of better options on the board. But trading him halfway through the season makes the pick even worse, IMO.

Next, there's a lot of depth there on that offense, I agree. But it won't be the best offense in the league, even with Carnevale. Teams like OTT, WIN, SAG, KIT aren't as deep, but have more dynamic high end talent, IMO.

Lastly, the Majors won't be beat. Especially not by someone in the East not named Ottawa. Niagara should have waited until next year or even the year after it to really make a push for it, IMO. But that's just not how Williamson is programmed.

That's an offense with 5 players that will score 40-50 goals, with the others getting 20-30... sorry, but that is the best.

I was not a fan of the Mercer pick either, but how does trading him halfway through make it worse? Just hold to him for pride?

Lastly, the Majors are the favourite, but they aren't untouchable. Ice Dogs have the best goaltender in the OHL, and we're strong enough that if the bounced go their way, they can win. They're better than KIT and WIN, and on the same level as OTT and SAG. I suggest you watch some games and look at the standings before you insist that they are not contenders.

I will agree next year is likely to be their year, but Ottawa and Oshawa will be better also. 2 years from now? they'll be rebuilding again.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008

Its hard to say what will happen in the play offs to say the majors won't be beat its possible that maybe true its aslo possible they maybe nothing is a lock.Don't think ottawa is nothing there the highest scoring team in the league and look for a couple more deals to make then stronger.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
Well, what's the other way of looking at it?

You make it sound like they have been BAD on the road or something, which is clearly not the case.

No, they have been great all year....home and away.

Simply pointing out the goals and wins differences home vs away.

I watch most of their games and it is great hockey to watch.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
That's an offense with 5 players that will score 40-50 goals, with the others getting 20-30... sorry, but that is the best.

I was not a fan of the Mercer pick either, but how does trading him halfway through make it worse? Just hold to him for pride?

Lastly, the Majors are the favourite, but they aren't untouchable. Ice Dogs have the best goaltender in the OHL, and we're strong enough that if the bounced go their way, they can win. They're better than KIT and WIN, and on the same level as OTT and SAG. I suggest you watch some games and look at the standings before you insist that they are not contenders.

I will agree next year is likely to be their year, but Ottawa and Oshawa will be better also. 2 years from now? they'll be rebuilding again.

If your talking about the majors no there not the best offense that title goes to ottawa.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Who are you referring to here? Which players? Your post piqued my curiosity because of the bolded statement.

Current Paces..

Carnevale - 47 goals (if we get him)
Agozzino - 44 goals
Strome - 42 Goals
Archibald - 40 Goals
Friesen,Hamilton - Both 35 goals

sorry i meant to say 4-5 players. Hamilton could still very well pick up the pace playing wioth Strome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad