CHL trade rumors

KingJet*

I heard some players from the WJC are being shopped in this years CHL trade deadline.

I know Ellis, Kassian and de Haan will be somewhere new
- The teams that are looking to make a run are: Mississauga, Ottawa (They might wait for next year), Owen Sound, Saginaw and Kitchener

I heard Eakin was going to be a Portland Winterhawk, but there not going to do it now since they acquired Cunningham.
- Portland is the team looking to make a run this year
- Same with Saskatoon

The Wheat Kings are looking into trading Glennie, but Schenn might be traded

The Otters might trade McKegg, I am not to sure but most likely

Sarnia might be shopping players (Not Galchenyuk, Yakupov and Francisco)

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
If Mississagua can land one of Ellis, De Haan or Kassian, they would have to be the overwhelming favorite for the Memorial CUp.

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
Philippe Paradis from PEI, a Chicago Blackhawks prospect, is a big name on the trading block in the QMJHL. Teams that might be buying include Acadie-Bathurst, Montréal, Gatineau, Québec and Saint John.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i somehow doubt windsor will actually trade anyone. They would rather lose in the first round than admit they have no chance at the title.

For the rest of the O guys, sure. Ottawa and Mississauga seem to be the expected buyers this year. I'm sure each will end up with someone.

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
OHL Deadline is January 10th at 6pm.

Other OHL names that have been flying around the rumours are:

Prout and Carnevale in Barrie - Destination; Anyones guess. Carnevale has a no trade and has already declined a trade to Saginaw. He has 6 teams which he would wiave for.

Eric O'Dell and Marcus Foligno in Sudbury - Rumour is Saginaw has a package of Ryan O'Connor and some Kea 16 year old on the table.

Brett Thompson in SOO - all though not as big name as the rest, would make a great addition to most teams.

I'm sure there are more, thats just all I can think of.

4Isles4*

Id like to see de Hann go to the winterHawks or St micheals

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Will someone please pony up for De haan. Oshawa has a great team (in terms of futures) and would love to make a trade for players that will help next year or the year after; in our run at the playoffs.

jenner, lessio, jenssen, thomas, and maybe Laughton. Will have decent years next year; i think trading De haan is in there best interest.

D prospect would likely be a must, with a few overagers and guys who may have a run at the nhl next year.

LeafsFan18

Go Leafs Go
Aug 18, 2009
Windsor
Will someone please pony up for De haan. Oshawa has a great team (in terms of futures) and would love to make a trade for players that will help next year or the year after; in our run at the playoffs.

jenner, lessio, jenssen, thomas, and maybe Laughton. Will have decent years next year; i think trading De haan is in there best interest.

D prospect would likely be a must, with a few overagers and guys who may have a run at the nhl next year.

We will give you Steven Trojanovic or Grant Webermin

leafmon

Nov 13, 2006

I'd be all for trading him if it gets help for next year .

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The Big Rumor has Schenn going to Saskatoon for a package of prospects and picks. According to some this is a done deal and will be announced shortly

R S

Sep 18, 2006
The Big Rumor has Schenn going to Saskatoon for a package of prospects and picks. According to some this is a done deal and will be announced shortly

This.

But don't be shocked if the deal doesn't get announced til after the weekend possibly. They are planning a "Welcome home Schenn" for Brandon's home tilt tomorrow night. They might just decide to hold off on the deal until then.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I know Ellis, Kassian and de Haan will be somewhere new
- The teams that are looking to make a run are: Mississauga, Ottawa (They might wait for next year), Owen Sound, Saginaw and Kitchener)

You "know"?

All three of those players are playing on teams that are currently battling for first place in their respective divisions.

Oshawa just traded for a goalie (an overage) and sent away a goalie with junior eligibility next year. If they were going to trade de Haan to pick up pieces for the future, why would they bother acquiring an OA goalie and giving up one who can return next year?

As for Ellis and Kassian, the rumor is that Windsor is actually going to try and add players for another run. One name mentioned is Marcus Foligno going to Windsor.

So I wouldn't exactly make it sound like these three are definitely gone by the deadline.

feichter

Apr 2, 2006
Philippe Paradis from PEI, a Chicago Blackhawks prospect, is a big name on the trading block in the QMJHL. Teams that might be buying include Acadie-Bathurst, Montréal, Gatineau, Québec and Saint John.

I'd be glad if SJ got him! Doubt it though...deadline's done, no?

SJ here scored CLBS pick G Matthieu Corbeil, and NJ pick Eric Gelinas. We alos added undrafted Jason Seed+Alex Beauregard.

A summary:
http://en.lhjmq.qc.ca/roster/transactions/ls_season/82/team/60

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
I'd be glad if SJ got him! Doubt it though...deadline's done, no?

SJ here scored CLBS pick G Matthieu Corbeil, and NJ pick Eric Gelinas. We alos added undrafted Jason Seed+Alex Beauregard.

A summary:
http://en.lhjmq.qc.ca/roster/transactions/ls_season/82/team/60

Yes, it's over. They never ended up moving him (Paradis). I'm guessing the right deal never presented itself to PEI. The big name that got traded today was Philip-Michael Devos from Victoriaville to Gatineau. I wouldn't be surprised if Gatineau is now powerful enough to battle with the likes of Saint John and Montréal. Corbeil as you mentioned was a really big pickup for Saint John in my opinion. The kid has been stuck behind a young Halifax team the last few seasons and I think he's gonna jump at the opportunity to netmind for Saint John. Saint John is going to be tough to beat with their strong back end, now with Gelinas and Corbeil in the mix.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
You "know"?
As for Ellis and Kassian, the rumor is that Windsor is actually going to try and add players for another run. One name mentioned is Marcus Foligno going to Windsor.

So I wouldn't exactly make it sound like these three are definitely gone by the deadline.

Definitely agree with your assessment of Windsor, I wouldn't be surprised to see them add Prout from Barrie.

I'm sure Windsor is also interested in Foligno, but he's a player I'd love to see in Mississauga. He'd be perfect in their system.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon

I hope this is true. The Blades are obviously a great team and if they have one weakness it's their power play, Schenn would be a HUGE pickup!!!

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
I hope this is true. The Blades are obviously a great team and if they have one weakness it's their power play, Schenn would be a HUGE pickup!!!

It really isn't the powerplay that is the problem....it is goal scoring in general on the road.
The team is night and day different offensively on the road.
Home- 4.58 goals per game
Away- 3.05 goals per game

Their powerplay at home is pretty good....top 10 in the league....9 I believe.
It is on the road where they drop to 21st in the league....out of 22 teams.

They are an excellent team but their play on the road is a huge drop off from their play at home.
They actually have the biggest drop in home/away winning percentage of any club in the WHL. A massive swing of .302 ..........worst in the WHL

Only 2 teams in all of the CHL....60 teams (QMJHL, OHL, WHL) have worse road drop offs -
K. Rangers at .368
N. IceDogs at .305

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
It really isn't the powerplay that is the problem....it is goal scoring in general on the road.
The team is night and day different offensively on the road.
Home- 4.58 goals per game
Away- 3.05 goals per game

Their powerplay at home is pretty good....top 10 in the league....9 I believe.
It is on the road where they drop to 21st in the league....out of 22 teams.

They are an excellent team but their play on the road is a huge drop off from their play at home.
They actually have the biggest drop in home/away winning percentage of any club in the WHL. A massive swing of .302 ..........worst in the WHL

Only 2 teams in all of the CHL....60 teams (QMJHL, OHL, WHL) have worse road drop offs -
K. Rangers at .368
N. IceDogs at .305

Should have known because I commented a couple of weeks ago that our PP looked a lot better and scored more then the last couple of years and then I heard they were ranked 18th in the dub and thought I was wrong, but obviously I only see games in Saskatoon and 9th is pretty good. That drop off is a concern but when you consider the Blades are an incredible 17-1-0-1 at home it's not as bad. Either way, getting Schenn would help a lot with scoring goals anywhere. :D Funny because I remember the Blades almost set a record for road wins just two years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad