Status
Not open for further replies.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
trahans99 said:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20050111_154255_1564

Theres the link to rosters, I didn't see it up yet on any other threads.
Why is Danny Syvret not on there? I know he's been passed over in 2 drafts, does that not make him eligible for this game? I'm guessing not
The same reason Joe Barnes isn't there. They reserve this game for players who are first time eligibles for the most part.

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
what happened to bobby orr... team davidson??? interested that crosby isn't on cherrys team

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Boomhower said:
If he's passed on at the draft, than yes.

I like how this game is reserved for first time draft eligible players only.
Has he not already been passed on 2 drafts?Wouldn't that make him free to
be signed?

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
GagneOwnsYou said:
Is it me, or is Team cherry stacked?
Looks a little one sided to me,although Team Davidson may have as good a defence.
Only 10 players from the Q?I'm not so sure that represent where scouts have it
pegged.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Steadfast said:
For those of you going to the game, if you see a guy wearing a white vintage Habs jersey, that's me. :thumbu:
I'll keep an eye out for you. Don't know what I'll be wearing, but I should be the guy with more than one pale ale in my hands :)

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
HabLover said:
How does Kris Russell from the Medicine Hat Tigers not make this team?? That is insane! He's Top 20 in WHL scoring at 17 yrs old, leads all D-man in goals and plays in all situations for the Tigers. That one needs to be explained! :shakehead

The rosters are picked by the 30 NHL teams.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
goteam said:
Only surprise among the forwards in my mind is that Evan Brophey (OHL Belleville Bulls) made the lineup ahead of Riley Merkley (WHL Calgary Hitmen). I am very impressed with what I've seen of Merkley (good size, decent speed). I think what put Brophey over Merkley is his stats:

Brophey - 38 GP, 46 PTS
Merkley - 42 GP, 16 PTS

I think if Merkley was playing with a top prospect named Getzlaf like a top prospect from last year (Ladd), he'd be putting up big, big points. Instead he's on what is Calgary's 3rd line and only has 16 points so far.

Couldnt agree more, lets keep Merkleys identity down lol Im looking to steal him late in a draft! I agree with your other post about Joe Barnes as well. I assume Joe has gone through one draft year? Ive only really recently discovered what Barnes can do but yes he is quite a good player, went to the hitmen Blades game today, saw both these players.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Playing the Yellowhorn card here again.... he is leading the WHL in scoring as a 17-yr-old....on the top team in the league and can't crack the roster???

Really?

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
Colt.45Orr said:
Playing the Yellowhorn card here again.... he is leading the WHL in scoring as a 17-yr-old....on the top team in the league and can't crack the roster???

Really?

Not a top prospect so no he wouldn't get invited. CSB and the teams decide who they want to see.
I love his skills and heart but he is 5'7 and that will make him a late round pick at best. Sorry.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Colt.45Orr said:

Really?

This is for the top prospects, not the CHL all-stars. Yellow-horn at 5'7'' just isn't on the radar. Sad, but true.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
monster_bertuzzi said:
Gauthier would have been named, but he wrecked his leg. Whats the sense in taking a roster spot from another player?

What did you base this on? He has been a huge dissapointment. Taking bad penalties and being a poor skater doesn't make you a top prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad